1.27.2009

Beware Loud Squealing and Fuzzy Pictures Cause*ZOMG*, It's HERE!!!

I love Canada Post. With my whole, itty bitty little heart I love them. Because today -- a full TWO business days before it was supposed to arrive... THIS was delivered.


While I hope to give you the tell-all exclusive scoop on the contents of the box, what I wasn't able to photograph was the invoice. Let me tell you, though, that this 10kg box from Vancouver, BC holds the equivalent of many, many birthday presents. So, I'm going to enjoy opening it as I likely won't be opening anything else for a few years!!

There was a knife involved. And also a very silly face.


Followed by much ripping and throwing of packing paper to reveal...



STUFF!!! I am so happy! :D

First, let's check out the brainsaver! A sweet little S-One skate helmet that has not even a scratch on it and thus screams Fresh Meat. I wonder who will give me the first knock about? And, look, it comes with a sticker!

Let's try this on.

Hmmmm... I'm going to have to work on this Mean Face. Not quite there, yet. :(


Radar Pure outdoor wheels cause soon this snow will melt and I'll get to Take It To the Streets, Man... What? They're really pretty soft and bouncy and I've got some good China Bones bearings in them so they'll hopefully ride nice.


Protective gear... there's a lot of it and I did try it all on but I'll only post the ginormous mamajama knee pads. I expect to be using these lots. :) I'll post some pics of my black mouthguard smile after I fit it tonight. Right now it just looks ridiculous. Well, it's a mouthguard and it's going to look ridiculous no matter what, but it looks even worse before it's been fitted. Hopefully it will help up my Mean Quotient by a point or two.



Some tools and toe guards and stickers and what not.



And finally, the warhorses that I will ride to derby glory -- or a painful, fiery death over the rails -- my Riedell R3 derby skates. I bought Fugitive wheels w/ pushers for them. The Fugitive is a speedy wheel which means that they're not as grippy, so... add two "pusher" wheels (slighty softer and grippier) on the inside track side to counteract gravity and you've got a great combo of speed and handling. Now I just have to not screw it up with human error and I'll be smokin'!




Now I just have to fight off the urge to skate around the house. Gah.

9 comments:

Bijoux said...

You are waaayyy too adorable to have a mean face! Have fun, but please don't damage that beautiful face (or those nice floors either)!

JodyJ said...

You are one hard core toots!! Love the hat, it looks cute er.. I mean vicious! You are fabulous- hit hard or go home, right! Boo-Yah!

JodyJ said...

Ok, so I've thought of the perfect 'stage name'for you... ready?? FOXY CLEOPATRA!!

Anonymous said...

You are one rough tough ..... flutterby

flutterby said...

Cocotte -- C'mon, you've got to believe in my Meanness just a *little* bit!! ;) I'll try to keep my face out of trouble... that's actually the one things I'm a little paranoid about.

JodyJ -- I'll put it on my short-list. Would it make it more derby-ish if it was Foxy Cleosplat-ya?? :D

Xavier -- My toughness is as of yet unproven. I may still run crying home to mama after my first big hit. But as far as "flutterbies" go, I'm about as tough as they come, I think. Most of the other flutterbies are nothing more than tenderfooted crybabies. Or so I hear.

Desmond Jones said...

You are so totally gonzo, Flutter. . .

And, uh, I mean that in the most complimentary possible sense. . .

(Don't hurt me)

flutterby said...

Desmond -- Hmmm... maybe I'll have to dub myself The Great Gonzo. :D lol

Therese in Heaven said...

Awesome! And you should TOTALLY skate around the house.

flutterby said...

Therese -- I did. Just a little bit. :)