1.01.2009

Wii are chillin, illin and blood spillin up in here...

"Who's your Daddy??"

That was Mr. F. Having received his directive from Sector Five and embarked on a perilous and impossible mission, he initiated contact only one hour in.

"Do you have the Eagle, Agent?"

"Uhhhh, yes... if that makes me your Daddy, sugar."

"Return the Eagle to the Nest with all peripherals and await further instruction."

"Sure, but you're kinda creeping me out, here... can you talk normal?"

"Agent F. Can you follow the directive or do I have to have you brought into Interrogation?" "Like that?"

"Yeah. Pretty much creeping me out."

***************************************
Don't you just hate it when they don't play along? Which is why we needed a Nintendo Wii. Also, because everyone else in the whole world seems to have one. Also, cause I love sending Mr. F. into the world, all caveman-like with his wooden club, to hunt down some rare and impossible item on short notice.

But mostly just cause it looks like so much fun for me. Errr... FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY. Just to be clear.

This is so not for me.

Yes, it is small and sleek and unbearably cute which normally is a triple threat where I am concerned. And I'd be a liar if I said I didn't love the cute handheld controllers called (*squeeee* Sooo cute...) "wiimotes". Seriously, just try to say that without grinning like a toddler with a cookie, I dare you. Can't be done.



So, while I am entirely tempted to lose my little inner kid's MIND about this, I will hold onto all manner of dignity and remember that this is all for the children. The actual children, that is.

In fact, I will attempt to look pained and uncomfortable while boxing and bowling and hitting some freaky HOME RUNS (oh yes... I am a Home Run kinda girl. Learn it. Know it. Don't doubt it.) playing Wii Baseball.

But, the fun doesn't end there, (although, really? Not much more fun than slamming your son with a Overhead Right Hook in the third round for a knockout. I wanted to kiss his little knocked out self, it was priceless. Yeah, mental note to lose on purpose next time.) noooooo. The Fun keeps on rolling.

First off, you get to create Mii's. Which is like handing Jim Henson 200 pounds of felt and google eyes and telling him to go bonkers. A Mii is a character that you get to personalize to look like youself. Or, after you've created that sexy beast, you also can make, say... your extended family (don't worry, you all look HOT!) and various people you know (hmmmm... perhaps even bloggers you know). Movie stars, TV characters, relatives, friends, coworkers... and the best part is when they start showing up on your baseball team and you find yourself cheering for Mark Wahlberg at bat. What's not to love about that, I ask?

After the pure fun that is the Mii, there's also the 10 WiiPlay games to enjoy. Arcade shooting, Pong, Table Tennis, Billiards and the like. All fun. All good. But nothing tops the pure exhilaration of racing your very own Knitted Cow through the countryside while chasing down scarecrows.



I swear I did not actually PUSH the Princess away from me whilst racing. She just needs to learn to wait her turn.

But, there was one more stop on the WayTooMuchFunForMe (THE KIDS!!!) Train.

DDR.


Or as the French say, "DDR". Whatever. Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 2 was all jumping up in this joint. And, while I had visions of looking a bit like THIS,

It soon became obvious that I looked more like, well, let's just say that I fell short of all anticipated DDR Greatness and perhaps even the knitted cows where laughing. (And, really, when a freaking KNITTED COW laughs at you...?) But, I like to think that simply means that I have room to grow, right? Let's be positive, here, people.

The Wii Kingdom is large and there's much to conquer. Next on my campaign?



I do it all for the children.

5 comments:

JodyJ said...

Love the comment on the Princess needing to learn to take her turn...who do these kids think they are anyway. P.S tell me how sore you are in the morning...

Bijoux said...

I'm wondering if we are the only family without a Wii? You make it sound like so much fun, Flutter.

Can all those sporting events help me to bypass the gym? That's what I really wanna know.

FTN said...

Oooh, we played Rayman's Raging Rabbids at Christmas with some relatives. That was great.

So all of this means that you need to get some of the same games that I have, at least ones that have online play options, so we can play each other! My Mii would kick your Mii's keister in Mario Kart or perhaps even Guitar Hero...

Luckily there is no online option for Boxing, because I'd hate to encounter that overhead right hook.

Trooper Thorn said...

Rockband has ruined me. Now when I listen to the radio, I see the little colored squares rushing up on me too fast to strike the drums.

flutterby said...

JodyJ -- No reason for these kiddos to be so greedy, I let them play 15 mins for every hour I'm on. Every Mom should be so generous...

Cocotte -- Not sure if they're a good replacement for any *real* activity, but it is fun, for sure. WiiFit looks interesting.

FTN -- Do I sense a Challenge in the air?? It's on like bomb, boy. Just have a tissue handy for when your Mii gets some skoolin' and its little lip quivers in defeat.

Trooper -- There is a kind of reflexive thing about games, hey? The other night I was trying to sleep but could hear Mr. F. playing tennis in the family room. And with every "whap" of the tennis ball, I had to fight my right arm jerking like if I was playing the game. Trippy.