1.22.2009

That Was SICK!!!

In the words of a song penned by Blur...

WOO-HOO!

I don't even know what to say except I loved it like Friday. It was so much more fun and interesting than I expected and I was actually pretty slick at it, too. And finding out that you don't suck at something is always a welcome surprise!!

We started the night with some laps and then went on to learning a bunch of falls, slides and glides at a blistering fast pace. I really can't believe all the stuff I did. I never would have thought that in two hours instruction, I'd be doing single and double knee falls and baseball slides, Supermans (double knee slide into a full plank slide) and Commandos (one knee slide into a shoulder rollover back to your feet) and 180 degree single knee sliding turns. Way freaking cool.

There was also some hellacious squat training, followed by more hellacious squat/crossover training and then some pushing drills and Sticky Skate drills (skating without lifting your feet from the floor.) Then we followed up with a core strength workout. Punishing. I loved it.

I was wearing some borrowed skates which were absolutely horrific and after the practice, one of the girls let me lace up with her derby skates. Sweet Mother. Twice as fast and solid, too. I am so going to love getting my new gear.

I am so glad I went... props to Mr. F. for the push I needed tonight. Now the only thing I'm dreading is how sore I'm gonna be in the morning. I swear I tore it all up tonight and things will be complaining tomorrow. Loudly.

6 comments:

Bijoux said...

You, Flutterby, are too cool for me! I'm so glad you had a blast.

Desmond Jones said...

Flutter, you are utterly and truly Gonzo. . .

And I mean that as a good thing. . .

;)

JodyJ said...

Good for you Flutter, can't wait till I see you in action!!

FTN said...

If you make the team and get to tour and play against random midwestern America teams, I'll be first in line to buy tickets.

Or, even better, you can just hook me up with free tickets that I can pick up at the gate. That'd be sweet.

Even sweeter if the concession stand sells nachos.

flutterby said...

Thanks for the encouragement, guys... and FTN, it means the world that you'd come watch if there were free tickets provided for you and suitable, FTN-approved snacks. Devotion like that can't be taken for granted. :P lol

Anonymous said...

Sweeet! I'd pay to see, and even skip the snacks if necessary.

Hard-core baby, that's what I'm talking about!





imphapsy?