1.10.2009

Mom! She's Doing It Again!

JodyJ recently did a questionnaire on her lovely little piece of blog-space and -- besides the fact that I'm a hopeless copycat -- she expressed interest in knowing one of my answers to a question that was part of the interview. And, well... it would be a bit weird to devote a singular post to that question, so I thought it best to do the whole interview.

Here goes:

1) What was the last thing you did before you came online today? Made a cup of fantastic coffee and thawed out one of my grandma's muffins for breakfast. (Banana/chocolate chip with extra nuts.)
2) Do you prefer a bikini panty or thong? Depends on the pants, I guess. Denim works with anything, but dress pants and anything white shows pantylines. (right, Therese??!)
3) Latest product you've purchased? Ravin Rabbids Wii game. And, yes... it's fun. I just spent part of the morning shooting chicken zombies with the Kid. Heaven.
4) Last book you read? The Princess is reading "The Diamond of Darkhold" to me at night.
5) One childhood memory? I remember being about 8 years old; Little Bro was 4 and the folks went out for an evening and got a neighborhood boy to babysit. Little Bro woke up late at night, crying from a nightmare and babysitter, "D", was nowhere to be found. I told Little Bro I'd find him and started searching the house. Went downstairs and found two sets of eyeglasses on the console stereo... Opened the door to the spare room/playroom and... HolyCrapBoobiesAndStuff!!! I think I scared "D" and his girlfriend half to death (both in the Moment and with fear of the wrath of the Parents Finding Out) and the worst part was that the little tramp used my favorite stuffie to, errrr, COVER UP! Ewwwwwww.
6) First Kiss? I was *cough* twelve (ALMOST THIRTEEN, Y'ALL!!!!) and sorta "going out" with a guy a bit older than me by a couple years. (Which, hello? Like I knew at all what I was doing...) My grandparents were watching me for the weekend and he came along with us out to a farm where they were to look at a motorhome that was for sale. Kittens were running about and we followed them around, ending up behind some kind of outbuilding or shed. Little Flutter, meet Lips. Don't forget to breathe. I said... Don't. Forget. To. Breathe.
7) What color of nail polish are you wearing? NONE! I'm working in a warehouse and constantly shredding them on boxes and heavy stuff. I usually only keep a clear coat on or something light colored (french mani, etc.) if at all, anyway. I don't have nice nails at all.
8) What are you wearing? Brown ballet capris, tank and black hoodie. Fashionista I am not.
9) Last phone call? My mother-in-law.
10) One New Year's Resolution? Posted bout that already.
11) Something new you want to try? What? I'm supposed to be ambitious, now? OK... I kinda would like to try roller-derby.
12) Something you haven't done for a while and want to start up again? I want to start skiing again this winter and get the kids started, too.
13) Favorite chocolate bar? Hmmmm... probably Snickers. Skor is a close second.
14) Long glamour nails or short nails? I can't grow my own nails worth crap. :( But, the few times I've had gel nails, I've still kept them at a sporty length and french manicured.
15) What color is your bedroom? Kinda monochromatic... mid-tone brown and deep grey.
16)Favorite season? I'm with JJ on this one... "Easier to say my least favorite, winter. The other three seasons are my favorite."
17) One pet peeve? People who don't put away their shopping carts. *grrrrrr* This may or may not be influenced by my current job pushing hundreds of errant carts around a ginormous parking lot. In the snow. Whilst freezing.
18) Do you make your bed every morning? I have to, or else my Inner Critic spends the whole day making me feel like a worthless piece of humanity. What's up with that?
19) What is the first post you ever wrote about? I first wrote in 1995, two posts; one an intro to the blogosphere and the other a satirical review of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Which may have amounted to not much more than "*sigh* Johnny Depp." I really can't remember.
20) Did you enjoy this questionnaire? Yes! Which is to say that I always pretty much enjoy talking about myself! :)
21) Not done yet, one more thing, post a picture that makes you feel good. Read the post and accompanying pics below.

10 comments:

Bijoux said...

!!!That was a horrific childhood memory!!! Couldn't you and JJ have picked some nice, sweet, innocent memory?

And now I'm disappointed your blog archive isn't showing anything from 1995 - I want to read the Johnny Depp post!

JodyJ said...

Awww... you used my questionnaire... cute! I must say I can actually see you doing roller derby. You'd get to wear a cute, glittery outfit while being aggressive and booty booting your competitor, good stuff.

Therese in Heaven said...

I wish I could say that 18 was true of me.

flutterby said...

Cocotte -- My blog used to have over 300 archived posts which all got bombed this summer. Thinking of bringing them back online... we'll see.

JodyJ -- Will you come and cheer me on if I try out for the club??

Therese -- Trust me, you do not want my Inner Critic. Although I may be more than happy to unload her on some unsuspecting soul...

FTN said...

I hate to break this to you, but if you were writing about Johnny Depp in 1995, it would have been something about What's Eating Gilbert Grape or Ed Wood or maybe even a passing reference to 21 Jump Street. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was 2005. Surely you haven't been blogging for 14 years?

It's a sign of us getting older when we can't remember what decade it is.

You were uber-advanced if you were kissing boys and dating OLDER MEN at 12. Geez, way to make me feel behind at that age.

"Roller derby" has to be the coolest answer possible to #11, by the way.

flutterby said...

FTN -- See? That's why you are, like, good at stuff and I'm not. This attention to detail and all, where I'm just all, like, "Decades? What's that?"

Good catch, thanks. So, now I don't know what to do cause if I fix it, this whole comment thread won't make sense, but if I don't fix it I continue looking like an idiot. Hints? Tips? Free samples of food? Just askin.

Also, let me be clear that Little Flutter was kissed. As in Passive. I was rather taken by surprise, to be honest. I didn't "kiss back" for at least another year. Not that Thirteen is much better...

Bijoux said...

I AM old....I didn't stop to think about not even owning a PC in 1995. The years are beginning to blend together way too much.

Sombra said...

And I copied you http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MoreLittleWilsons/644468/

Desmond Jones said...

Yeah, I thought that '95 was REALLY early for blogging, and all that stuff.

But see, I'm not all anal about it like SOME PEOPLE. . . ;)

An' that must've been a pretty large stuffie. . . ;)

Desmond Jones said...

An' just for the sake of sayin' so, I've got a major pet peeve for people who stop in right-hand lane (because they're goin' straight thru), and I've got to wait behind them to make my right turn, until the light changes. . .

What do you mean, it's not all about ME?