1.26.2009

So Far, So Mediocre...

My girl JJ just posted an adorable little bit about how Elmo and Andrea Bocelli have captivated her littlest guy's attention of late. And as I listened to the do-over of the beautiful ballad "Time To Say Goodbye (Goodnight...)" I could very much imagine my sweet, serious nephew enjoying his time with a Classic.

And I've realized that we've dropped the ball, here. Cause rather than anything enriching and educational or enlightening? This is what my kiddos' attention has been arrested by lately:







I admit that I'm a little besotted, too. I really, really, REALLY want this guy's job. And barring that... I want a Blendtec blender of my own. I promise to only use it for non-destructive smoothie and daquiri/sangria purposes, I swear.

4 comments:

JodyJ said...

Flutter- that was really cool!! Those video's are totally educational. That there is a boys way of learning... I want to show my boys but I'm afraid they will want to start experimenting on what WILL blend and what WON'T!!

Bijoux said...

Are those infomercials? Fascinating! I think they are definitely scientifically educational. You just may be raising some little Einsteins!

Anonymous said...

Time to get out of the kitchen and into Time Warp:
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/time-warp/time-warp.html

flutterby said...

JodyJ -- Well, anything they could possibly wonder about blending probably has already been mashed on the blendtec channel on youtube.

Cocotte -- I guess it could be considered educational, much the same way as pulling the legs off of spiders is... but it's definitely fun!

Xavier -- I've watched a few time warp clips before. I like the boxer who punched his coaches' face. That was messed up to see the impact in slow mo. And the coach didn't even close his eyes!