2.02.2009

"arghh" and "stupid" and "Hmmmm..."

First, "Arghh and Stupid": I had to toast my template as it wasn't really compatible with, well... posting and all stuff pertaining to blogging. Especially posting pictures. I'd like to say that I tried really, really hard to make it work, but I have the attention span of a gnat when it comes to tech-ey stuff that is not readily apparent. After a couple googles and a visit to Blogger Help? Done. Which means I'm back in black for the time being. (anyone else rocking out that AC/DC tune in their head right now? Thought so...)

"Hmmmmm...": I had a rendezvous with my hairstylist today. One which was long overdue cause a girl like me can only go so long without a little... you know. :D I always hate leaving it go too long; I feel sheepish walking in with outgrown panels and ratty ends. But, it always happens. Either cause of budget or just cause I have a hard time planning ahead for stuff like that. I'm kinda a fly by the seat of my pants person and booking something ahead two or three weeks makes me all kinds of anxious, cause, well... what if something else comes up? Or other various non-essential and non-rational concerns. Whatever. The point being that I finally got my butt into the salon and told my favorite girl "Have at it." Which means that I really, really trust her.

Which may have backfired a bit. Not much, but I'm still trying to decide whether I really like it or if it's all wrong. She decided to lighten everything up around my blond panels and then chopped a lot off and threw in a fringe of bangs. Which ended up like this:





Oh well, when it comes to hair my philosophy is pretty much that It Will Always Grow Back. And there have been some defining hair moments that have had me chanting that while cowering in the corner of the shower and I'm still alive to tell it.

I guess I'll get used to this, too.

6 comments:

Therese in Heaven said...

I love your hair! Those highlights and bangs are fabulous on you.

I wish I had your hair courage. I rarely do anything out of the ordinary with it. I grow it very long until I can't stand it, and then cut it to shoulder-length again, and that's about it.

Bijoux said...

That short & sassy look is just your style!

JodyJ said...

I like your hair girl, the bangs are fabulous!!!

FTN said...

As I mentioned, it looks great.

In all of your pictures, you always have this mischievous look on your face. It's cute, but just once I want to see a big cheesy, toothy grin like a 5-year old.

Desmond Jones said...

Aw, yer hair looks great.

Actually, it reminds me a bit of Molly's 'philosophy of hair' - do something that doesn't need $50/month, or a half hour a day, to keep it up. Simple and attractive. . .

And heck, I don't pay all that much attention to blog templates; I'm much more interested in the content. . . (and your previous template was prone to some fairly bizarre 'glitches'; at least it was yesterday. . .)

Anonymous said...

I like it. Looks dangerous, kinda like roller derby ... :)



dedon