1.19.2009

I Really Want To Know.

Say that you -- hypothetically, of course -- know Someone who was sorting laundry. And this Someone, while checking pockets for stuff that shouldn't be washed, possibly may have happened upon something in the pocket of her hoodie.

Very possibly a red and yellow sour soother candy. Very possibly left over from an inventory shift involving free candy the night before.

Not that I really would know, or anything, I'm just sayin'.

And, having seen the sour soother (or whatever kind of red and yellow candy it was, not that I would know...) and having realized that it had only been in her pocket for one day, this charming and reasonably attractive (let's just assume...) Someone popped said candy into her mouth before realizing that she just actually ate something that had been in the LAUNDRY PILE. Albeit, in a clean pocket in the laundry pile, but still... in the LAUNDRY PILE.

What I want to know is... how GROSS is that, really? Consider this a formal Informal Poll and let me know what you think. I tried to work out a really awesome Hypothetical Situation Evaluator, but I'm working on four hours sleep, here, people.

So, what do you think?

7 comments:

Bijoux said...

I don't think it's that gross. If it hadn't been through the washer yet, it is still good!

Anonymous said...

Oh come on, that doesn't even have fractions of gross points. Now if it came from the pocket of something you pulled out of the garbage well .... that'd still only get a half a gross point. Unless, of course, it was the trash can at your local oil change place. That'd get you a 2.

Laundry pile? Come on, grow up. :-)



proffetr

Therese in Heaven said...

Unadvisable, but not reprehensible. :)

JodyJ said...

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a noise?? If you do something undesirable and no one is around to witness it, is it a big deal? Maybe, just don't confess it- oh wait, you did confess it. Well in that case I have no opinion.

FTN said...

I'm with Cocotte. This doesn't reach the level of entertaining until you are munching on some candy that has been through both the washer and the dryer.

Of course, you know you are ALWAYS entertaining. Don't get the wrong idea.

I would, however, like to know why you only got four hours of sleep. I got a little more than five and I'm absolutely worthless today.

Desmond Jones said...

Was it still in the wrapper when you found it, or did it have hoodie-lint on it? 'Cuz, you know, that makes a BIG difference in terms of grossness points. . .

flutterby said...

Cocotte -- Had it been through the washer, all of it's sour power would have been rendered useless.

Xavier -- Sounds like you have a Grossness Scale all worked out... you'll have to blog about it, sometime!

JodyJ -- What is the sound of one hand clapping?

FTN -- I missed getting an APPROPRIATE amount of sleep completely due to my brain being amazingly deficient at coping with changes... namely a new job that I was starting the next day. I wasn't really nervous. Just couldn't sleep. Stupid.

Desmond -- There may have been lint, but I'm sure it was picked off in a thorough fashion.