1.16.2009

Me, As Played By A Thirteen Year Old Girl.

Ho. Lee. Crap.

I'm out running some quick errands before my free skate time, one which involves some banking, which involves flashing some government issued ID, which involves the room going all fuzzy and my eyes becoming freaking umbrellas cause I happen to spy out the fact that my driver's license Has Not Been Renewed.

As in, is almost two whole months overdue. As in, I have been (ALLEGEDLY!!!) driving illegally for almost two months. As in, Flutter could be in the clinker, the slammer, the hoosegow, the big house, the brig, the pokey, the cooler... I could be a Criminal.

And, as if that's not bad enough, after I slink into a parking spot at the insurance agency... I manage to dig deeper into my purse and discover that one of our vehicles has also not been insured for just as long.

--insert swearing HERE--

Clearly, this whole Adult thing is just a charade and I am nothing more than a slobbering idiot with the maturity of a pre-teen girl. Worse yet, I have to let Mr. F. in on the whole thing. He will either be greatly entertained or gravely disappointed. I'm currently working on a strategy mostly involving looking very small and very cute, much like a fluffy and adorable little hamster. And if that doesn't work, I always have my fallback. Sexual favors.

But, I'll have to convince him I'm an adult, first.

6 comments:

Bijoux said...

Oh, I forgot about the renewal of the driver's license once. I was nervous about driving to the license bureau, so my dad saved me and drove me over the next day. You never know when the local authorities are going to pull you over.

The insurance thing.....I can't believe your insurance company didn't pick up on your non-payment?

JodyJ said...

Did we read the same manual on how to break bad news to your partner. The whole make oneself small and cute strategy is a great one and one I recommend. Good luck and for my sake I hope you don't have to go with the whole 'sexual favors'thing... GROSS!- (but it does work)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Rocket neglect? That's serious stuff.

Get your act together sweetie, and fast! :-)

flutterby said...

Cocotte -- Yeah, I'm not sure how that insurance bit slipped through the cracks, but it did.

JodyJ -- Girl, it's not like I'd WRITE about it all!! But "small and cute" worked like a charm. No biggie.

Xavier -- Insurance was for our other vehicle which is kinda a junker. But, I must admit that Rocket is being a bit neglected. He really needs to be washed and detailed. It's on my list for next week.

FTN said...

I, personally, believe that sexual favors should be the original plan, with "small and cute" as fallback.

But, you know, that's just me.

flutterby said...

FTN -- why am I not at all surprised?