12.11.2008

Stuff I'm Using Lately.

1) I'm loving the new Gmail templates. Nothing brings a smile to my face like cute little ninjas doing ninja-stuff around my email. Doubt? Have a lookeyloo.



Isn't he cute? And no... that is not my real email page, you SnoopyMcSnoopertons.

2) Burt's Bees Balm. Say that ten times quickly. This stuff is the Bomb, though when winter hits round these parts. It doesn't smell particularly gorgeous, which usually rules out a product for Flutter usage. But it is just That Good at fixing winterey skin. I'm also experimenting with going without gloves this winter. The last couple years I've worn driving gloves and it seemed that my hands got even drier than usual. I've met a few people who swear that au natural is the better, if not more painful, way to go. Of course, doing work outside and playing in the snow, etc. will mandate wooly mittens as usual... but otherwise, I'm giving it a go and so far? Less dry skin on my hands for sure. Hmmmmmm. I will say, though, that it is difficult to drive a Stick when you are sitting on one hand trying to warm it up. (And that somehow sounded a little perverted, so I'll stop there.)

3) HandiPoints. A sweet little on-line chore chart and points system for the grommets. Keep track on line or print out your chore charts. Kids earn points and you get to set the point values for treats or priviledges that they can earn with those points. Such as a family movie night or making a ginormous ice cream sundae together, skating or other outings or what not. There's also a bonus play section that's a bit like Webkinz, where the kids can use the bonus points earned to interact with their HandiCat, furnishing it's home and "purchasing" outfits and playing games and such. And best of all... it's free and safe.

4) DryerBalls. I'm not sure what that says about my dryer, but it might explain the regular groping encountered when I walk past it. Yes, my dryer is a manly dryer. And perhaps a bit more noisy when running. But, the noise and the groping is worth the trade-off for less wrinkly clothes and no static cling (even when throwing in fleece blankets). And heck, who am I kidding. The groping is a BONUS, not a trade-off. I also use the Nellie's Naturals laundry detergent which simply does it's job with no chemicals, scent or phosphates.

5) Kashi Go Lean Crunch. Cause it's yummy and crunchy and has 10g of protein and a metric tonne of fibre. Extra yummy points with banana sliced in it.

6) My gym pass. HA!!!! Sorry... not using that at all like I should. Just had to put that in here to publicly humiliate me enough to go face down my workout like a good girl tonight.

4 comments:

Phyllis Renée said...

Handipoints? Do they have those in an adult version? Cause I'm thinking hubby might get a lot done around here with a little more incentive. And ooooh wouldn't that be fun!?!

Bijoux said...

I have been dying to know if those dryer balls work! Thank you! I will give them a try. I've been eating the Kashi cereal with the dried blueberries. Good stuff.

Desmond Jones said...

Molly uses that Burt's Bees stuff! So right there, you move up a couple notches in the General Scale of Humanity. . .

And it probably tells you something about my diet regimen that the Kashi GoLean Crunch is a 'special treat' for holidays and special occasions. Love that stuff, tho.

And Dryer Balls. . . I'd probably put Molly onto those, except I don't know if I want to set up a 'competitive groping' situation. . .

flutterby said...

Phyllis -- for some reason I'm scared to ask just what type of "adult version" you'd be in the market for. Regardless... the idea has potential. :)

Cocotte -- Oooooh! Blueberries?!?! I've not seen that one, yet. Sounds yummy.

Desmond -- You know, my General Scale of Humanity rating has been in the tubes lately, so I was tickled to be awarded a few extra points! I'm still boggled over the idea of a Special Occasion Cereal, though. I tend to call that "pancakes". :D