12.08.2008

Open Letter To My Hormones.

I realize and appreciate the great effort you've gone to during the previous years of my life to keep things orderly and timely. You have had an important job to do and have done it well -- probably better than I could do myself, truth be told.

We've had some good times, you and I. You quickly rose through the union ranks with your work on the Great Complexion Project of '89 and while I wasn't crazy about the whole Time of the Month Endeavour, it was a brilliant marketing ploy to throw the Girls and the Butt in on the deal. We've had a pretty easy-going work relationship and I took for granted that you didn't crack me out on the PMS train each month. I always appreciated that you didn't jump in on the water retention trend. Maybe I never told you that. I was especially proud of you when you revamped the Girls that first pregnancy. That was sweet.

I know we've had some rough patches. Hair and Nails wasn't your forte and there were a couple times you were, uhhh, late for the party and stressed me out a bit. But, you know... we communicated. We moved on.

I thought we were a team.

So, what I really need to know is... what's the dealio with the gazillion blemishes you've been letting in the gate? We have Standards up in this place. And me looking like a spotty troll is not on the agenda last I looked. I know you are capable of doing Better, little hormones. I have seen it with my own eyes and have the yearbook pictures to prove it.

I've got my eye on you. Year end review is coming up and I may just have a mind to outsource this job. Buck up, cowboys.

11 comments:

Sombra said...

outsource with Vitex (chasteberry) at your local Old Fashioned Foods

JodyJ said...

Lots of good ole H2O always helped me, oh and not STRESSING about it!!

Bijoux said...

I've been riding this crazy train for way too long. And it looks like it will still be another 10 years, if I'm anything like my mom.

Sombra said...

a gorgeous girl like you needs a few zits to bring her back to the land of the ordinary people

Anonymous said...

Oh, um, excuse me. I was looking for the men's room. Sincere apologies ....



eneded

Desmond Jones said...

Well, um, you know, pregnancy/nursing can revamp The Girls in all sorts of ways. . .

And listen, when the Hormone Crew is gettin' ready to leave the building, it ain't such a picnic, either. . . Just, you know, in case you were wondering. . .

fatsif; (let's not get personal, 'K?)

flutterby said...

Sombra -- doesn't Chasteberry make you feel, errr.... chaste? I've no desire to be a little monk-ette, hon!

JodyJ -- I will up my water intake, for sure. Thanks. Not sure if I can stop stressing about it or not. :)

Cocotte -- Not sure how I feel about one day getting off this train. But the fact that aging FREAKS ME OUT is something to tackle in another post.

Sombra -- you're too sweet... :)

Xavier -- Yeah, you just keep walking, bucko!!! :D lol Didn't mean to scare you away with all the hormone talk.

Desmond -- I'm hoping to keep the Crew around for a long time, yet. They just need to brush up their job performance from time to time is all.

Dave Carrol said...

Enjoyed your blog... first time here
Dave

Therese in Heaven said...

I'm sorry. That is no fun at all. And I know because ever since I started taking estrogen my face has looked a lot like it did in high school.

I thought that we were supposed to outgrow these things.

flutterby said...

Dave -- Thanks for stopping by! I'll do the same. :)

Therese -- It really does suck, doesn't it? Sorry to hear it's happening to you, too. I mean, it's not something desperate and serious, I realize that... but it's just one of those things, I guess.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well, someone in the Summit household had years and years of more 'interesting' but related issues and, well, I think I'll just stay out of this if you don't mind.




proluo??