12.10.2008

Break a Leg

Last night was the grommet's school concert. This year the school went to a lot of trouble to produce a drama/musical called Polar Mountain. An Inuit tale of two lost children who find their way home with the help of an Abominably Cute Snowman and Aurora the Ice Princess.



And let me say that the Cute was turned up loud in that joint.



The Kid's musical number was during the village party and their song had them bopping and grooving and.. yes... the little boys even did a little polka-type dance with the girls at one point. And you know that parents eat that up like chocolate cake with chocolate sprinkles. The Kid so enjoyed himself and I have to say that I hardly noticed any of the other little kids on stage cause I was so amazed and astounded that that cute little blond kid with the million watt smile was MINE. I don't feel bad, though, as I'm sure that no other parents noticed my kid, either. Strange how that works.



The Princess' class came out to a dark, rock number. The two little girls were lost in a snowstorm and the Princess and her classmates provided the storm. Dressed all in black with flowing white and icy blue streamers from their arms and sparkling face paint, they whirled and thundered and threw themselves across the stage in a totally mini-broadway manner. The song crashed to an end and all the class fell to the floor, revealing the two lost girls huddling together for warmth at center stage in the spotlight. This song couldn't have been more perfect for the Princess as she thrives on the dramatic and I could tell she loved every minute of it.



Anyhow, it was a sweet bit of entertainment for a cold winter night and I was really glad that the school and the teachers involved went to all the effort to produce something pretty cool that all the students could be involved in in a creative manner. The students with speaking parts all did so very well and the snowman was truly adorable.

4 comments:

Bijoux said...

Wow - what a creative bunch! I've got a middle school band concert tonight and there's not a lot of creativity at those.......

Desmond Jones said...

What Cocotte said. . . Sounds quite clever and creative. And glad yer kidlets did their star-turns proud. . .

graywo (I'm sure that's all about a tundra-dwelling wolf, and not my hair. . .)

JodyJ said...

I am hoping you have some wonderful pics of the gromets to share with the masses??

flutterby said...

Cocotte -- Hope the concert went well.

Desmond -- Thanks.

JodyJ -- I almost lost my Mom-card... totally forgot the camera and it wasn't till it was all over that I remembered that I could have used my cell phone. I suck.