12.04.2008

Cause I Love Them So.

Tomorrow the kidlets and I head out roadtrippin' to visit my parents. Beyond all the regular reasons why it will be lots of fun is This little bit of iTunes shopping I did last night. Behold... the HAVING FUN IN THE CAR PLAYLIST:

Axel F -- Crazy Frog
The Hamsterdance Song -- Hampton the Hamster
Unbelieveable -- EMF
Boom! Shake the Room -- DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince (Holla! Will Smith!)
Walk This Way -- Run DMC (sneaking a little Aerosmith in there...)
Jump, Jive and Wail -- The Brian Setzer Orchestra
All Star -- SmashMouth
Le Freak -- Chic
We Got the Beat -- The Go-Go's
Jump Around -- House of Pain
Hey Baby (feat. Bounty Killer) -- No Doubt
Oh Yeah -- Yello (remember Ferris Bueler?...)
Who Let the Dogs Out -- Baha Men (OK, I can't stand this one but the kiddos love it)
Tubthumping -- Chumbawumba (I'm hoping the drinking refs are missed)
U Can't Touch This -- MC Hammer (why did I download this one??)
Let's Get It Started -- Black Eyed Peas
Hey Ya! -- OutKast (clean edit)

Rocket will be jammin' all the way down the highway.

Also, since the Kid has his DS to keep him busy, I had pity on the Princess and downloaded the entire Season 1 of Heartland. You KNOW she'll be lovin' me til the day I die.

And, I know that you all are looking at this list and wondering where all MY downloads are. Honestly... I didn't really get much. Just the new GNR single "Chinese Democracy". Which did not disappoint -- that much (but let me say there's a reason I didn't download the whole album...). Also, I endured an embarrassing five minutes where I contemplated Bret Michael's four acoustic session singles. Yeah... let's forget that.

I've got my eye on a few things (of more substantial interest and quality than Bret Michaels acoustic sessions), but it will have to wait for another day when I'm not busy blowing money on my kids. That day does come, doesn't it??

See y'all after the weekend!

4 comments:

JodyJ said...

Hmm.. the day when every last dollar doesn't go to the kids, I've got to see it to believe it. Have a great trip, be safe on our oh so maintained highways and bi ways.
When you get to the Go Go's song do a little go go dancing for me in the car, yes I'm serious and I WILL ask the kidlets if mommy let loose :O) Don't let me down.

Bijoux said...

That's an awesome playlist for the kids.....mine love the last two and any SmashMouth tune.

I'd be all over the No Doubt and the Yello. And I used to always sing that EMF song to my kids - they thought I was wack.

FTN said...

That may be the best road trip disc ever. So you had my love and admiration, at least up until you mentioned the Bret Michaels thing.

flutterby said...

JodyJ -- You KNOW mama let loose up in there!

Cocotte -- My kidlets didn't Get the yello song... apparently was too repetitive. Huh?

FTN -- Road Trip Disc was revised on the fly to NOT include RunDMC. I mistakenly thought that the verses were, uhhhh, Different than the regular Walk This Way lyrics. They weren't.

Can't I have Bret Michaels AND your love and admiration?