11.01.2008

Do the Do.

I'm starting a new job on Monday. This is my first foray into the working world since I worked a contract during my second year at home with the Princess. (And I feel compelled to clarify that the term "contract" has nothing to do with organized crime or professional hits, etc. Just in case you were wondering.) :D


That last job I mostly worked from a home office and thusly, PJs and messy hair could be acceptable office attire. And let me say that I rocked that look. I am notorious for crazy Bedhead Hair and the nightlife of a Mommy tossing and turning while dealing with a restless baby and no sleep (Honestly, my kingdom for a kid that sleeps well...) created some stunning do's.


However, my new position will require Actual Presentable Clothing and Hairstyles.


I decided to kiss off a few inches of length (and really, good riddance to that frizzy mess of sun-tortured hair) and let my dark side have at it. Going darker also had the added benefit of covering up a few... err... *whisper* grey hairs *end whisper* that I seem to have acquired of late.


My stylist had so much fun with this and I think I will, too. I love that girl.




4 comments:

JodyJ said...

Cute hair... the darker colors bring out your eyes. Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Desmond Jones said...

Grey (*ahem*; I mean 'gray') hair happens to the best of us, luv. . .

;)

And, since my Word Verification is 'verse' (no kidding!), I'll just remind you of Proverbs 16:31. . .

;)

FTN said...

You look great. Go out there and take the working world by storm.

I should mention that I work on contract. And I like to tell people that yes, it DOES have everything to do with organized crime.

flutterby said...

jodyj -- thanks! First day went pretty darn well, if I say so myself.

desmond -- *whining* But I don't WANT any crowns of splendour. :)

ftn -- I just KNEW you were in the Family. So, how's the biz?