11.03.2008

The Song Which Will Never, Ever Leave Your Head and Other Stuff.



After hearing this repeatedly on the radio whilst delivering stuff to contractors today (Uh Huh. I do deliveries. Contractors in FlutterCity have not yet had such a nice smelling Delivery Person bringing their stuff to them.) I am doomed to forevermore have this song whirling through my head.

It was only fair to share it with you y-y-you, you y-y-you. I, I know just, just how much you'll like it.

Hate me, love me. It makes no difference. We are all slaves to the song.

*****************************
My first day On The Job went well. As I mentioned, I did do some deliveries... also ran some errands and tried really hard not choke on my laughter when my boss introduced me to clients as "The Decorator". Learned a lot about stuff I didn't know before and basically followed my boss around testing his patience. Uhhhh... not that I don't do that every day.

What? Well, as I haven't yet mentioned... my boss is none other than Mr. F. While on the hunt for a job here in FlutterCity, Mr. F. thought it would be a great idea to recruit my immense and glorious talent to put to work for him (technically "us") in our business.

The boy is nothing if not smart, right?

Let's hope.

So, I'm learning the ropes at FlutterPaintStore and tag-teaming some reno/facade-lift plans there. Also, I am apparently expected to dispense decorating advice at the bat of an eyelash. So, I'm off to marinate my brain in HGTV shows for the next few months lest the Clients of FlutterPaintStore discover the singular truth that Mr. F. knows more than I of Color Trends.

4 comments:

Sombra said...

I wondered as I drove by today.. I thought you had found a j.o.b. fairly easily having been in the city only a few days. I should have stopped in to welcome you back to our fine fluttercity.

By the way, I'm making biscotti.. in case you're Mr. F thinks you need a day off already (LOL)

FTN said...

My recommendation is to work on making up a bunch of odd phrases, to use as fancy paint colors. Because all the coolest paint colors are just random phrases that aren't really colors at all, I've found. Try this out:

Yeah, I think this room would be great with a combination of Wintry Rabbit Turd and Nose-Booger Ennui. Maybe in vertical stripes.

Desmond Jones said...

I want to paint my bedroom in Wintry Rabbit Turd. . .

flutterby said...

sombra -- would love some of that biscotti. We will have to make a date for coffee soon. And, for sure stop in some time. I'm there M-Th, 9am-3pm.

ftn -- I like that combination, too. And vertical stripes are a very slimming choice for those chubby rooms...

desmond -- please don't.