11.08.2008

Does This Template Make Me Look Fat?

My keyboard may be covered in sweat and this may or may not have involved a "Damage-Control" call to another blogger wiser than I (thanks, JJ -- you're the only one I know who could pick up the phone and hear "I think I blew it up" and know exactly what I was talking about. You rock, girl!), but I did it... I have broken free of the chains of the MundaneBloggerTemplate.

This one wasn't my first choice, but THAT one? That one about had me crying in the corner, sucking my thumb and praying for mercy.

There may have just been something wrong with the code (and I'm about as able to fix code as well as I can pee standing up... not happening,baby!) cause once I picked a different template, things went much better.

I may still try to rescue the other template... it was dark and brooding and elemental and I just really can't resist that. So, if you come by here one day and things are AWOL... well, I may still be in the html dressing room trying it on for size. And maybe doing something naughty with it before it bends to my will and plays nice.

Fingers crossed.

8 comments:

flutterby said...

Just in case I can't make the other one work... I'd like this one a lot better with a sans serif font. Anyone know the magic words to make that happen?

JodyJ said...

Looks good girl, I'm glad it worked for you. NOW... I want to change mine. Change is in the air I suppose. Had a fun day today, I guess we'll be seeing you in the next few weeks. Hugs!

Therese in Heaven said...

It's a cool template, but now I have to change the button for your blog in my link list!

I had to have another blogger help me with all the customization on my blog too. But I don't know how to change the font, unfortunately.

flutterby said...

jodyj -- yeah... we never did decide exactly which weekend we'd meet, did we? I'll talk to you soon, I guess.

therese -- maybe wait a day or two if it doesn't matter. I'd still like to try to make the other template work, if I can.

JodyJ said...

You know black is very slimming and the golden/yellow accents really draw the eye away from your trouble areas. Good choice. ;o)

Desmond Jones said...

Hmmmm. . . The black and gold do sorta make for a 'dark chocolate' vibe. . .

All you artsy-types are gonna start givin' me a complex for my plain-vanilla template. But no - I am secure in my own blog-hood. . .

FTN said...

The black and gold is kickass. And slightly brooding. Or kinda scary, I'm not sure.

You can let me know if you have HTML or CSS questions, I might be able to help a girl out.

Might want to start by looking in your CSS under this:

body {
background:#000;
margin:0;
padding:0;
font:100%/1em "Times New Roman", Times, Serif;
text-align: center;
color:#DBCE6F;

and changing as needed (I'm partial to Verdana, myself). Although there will be other places to change as well.

flutterby said...

desmond -- This blogskin is kinda growing on me... maybe it does have something to do with the whole Chocolate thing. I may still try and change it, though. Everytime I see the "What is Love" brush I can't help but hear Haddaway's "Baby Don't Hurt Me No More" in my head. And that's a bit annoying.

ftn -- See, I saw that part and wondered if I could mess with it, but, well, there was frankly A LOT of code that says stuff like that and listed just about every font available on Blogger mulitple times and I was a little bit baffled. I may have drooled a bit. Just a bit.

That said, I just may enlist your html talents for the good of blogkind, if that's OK with you. I'll try to figure it on my own, first. But, if you get an email late in the evening saying "I think I blew it up!" you'll know what's up.