11.06.2008

Hooked?

Six things I am Hooked on:

1) Orange Tic Tacs. I can eat them like candy. (Which makes a ridiculous amount of sense, I realize, this novel idea of eating candy as though it were, well... Candy.) If I open one of those cute, ittybitty little boxes of orange, pellet-ey goodness they are as good as gone within the hour. Cannot stop.

2) Cute socks. A little-indulged in passion, cause it seems pretty frivolous to buy excessive amounts of adorable footwear. But, mixed in with my workout-worthy whites and a few pair of sensible trouser-type socks are my faves. Ankle socks, knee socks: stripey, polka-dotty, colorful and cute. My feet do too much work to not look good while doing it.

3) Bright toe-nail polish. Reference #2. Tonight I am splashing on some mirrored silver polish, but my all time fave is a brilliant turquoise that attracts butterflies when I'm in the garden.

4) Wearing My Seatbelt. Al-freaking-ways. I've relaxed a bit over the years since the car accident I was in -- driving in buses or other transport without safety belts used to squick me, but I can handle it now -- but I am a bit of a seatbelt nazi. My kids don't even TRY to take theirs off in the car anymore. I am That Good, people. On it like white on rice, I tell you.

5) This. Cause how can you see this and not want to own the city like that. I seriously have dreams where I can run like this, where nothing stops me and I can fly. I doubt dreamworld and realtime will ever intersect -- the carnage would be too great cause I am not that talented nor that athletic -- but I love watching those for whom the dream is reality.

6) Rockstar Lips. Just cause I can.

******************
Consider yourself tagged and go post your own Six Things. Have fun!

7 comments:

JodyJ said...

I must say I'm hooked on your toes when they have the bright blue/green shade on them.... :O)

Anonymous said...

1) Not bad, but the greenies are better!
2) Eh, socks. Though the daughters agree wid you.
3) OK, sure, help yourself ... :-)
4) Uh, yeah, everywhere every time. I'd not have a Queenie or an Oddkin if we hadn't been seatbelt freaks before THE BIG ONE.
5) Check out Time Warp on Discovery, they done analysed a feller doing that junk. Wild.
6) Oh yeah ...

emoeneo?

Desmond Jones said...

I'm sorry; I don't really have much to say, but my Word Verification is 'pockbra', so I thought I should share. . .

Molly and I knew a girl in college who did a dead-on version of Marilyn Monroe's 'quivering/twitching lips'. But when Molly tries to duplicate it, it just ends up looking like she's trying to get a gnat off her face. . .

Therese in Heaven said...

I don't think "excessive" and "adorable footwear" should be in the same sentence. Ever.

I'm a big fan of toe nail polish too. My feel look naked without it.

flutterby said...

jodyj -- Awww, shucks. *grin*

xavier -- I youtube'd Time Warp... that's a really cool show! I loved the segment with the fight trainer taking a punch to the face. OUCH!

desmond -- blogger's been giving out some interesting verifications of late. Though, I'd hate to speculate what exactly a "pockbra" is. Whatever it is, it doesn't sound all that good.

therese -- I just may agree with you on both points.

FTN said...

Did someone say Hooked?

flutterby said...

ftn -- Oh no you di-int! Tell me you didn't just link to Vanilla Ice in my comments.

If I was you I'd watch for Avenging Ninjas approaching from behind.