11.26.2008

HO-LEEEEEE COW!!!

I gave Mr. F. my recipe for beef stew this summer. Previously, the boy's idea of cooking was melting CheezWhiz on a bun under the broiler. I didn't have high hopes that his stew-making skills would amount to much, but wished him the best.

Fast forward to tonight when I, for the first time ever, get to sit down to a Totally-Mr.F. - Prepared supper. See the look of surprise on my face?

And watch the surprise turn to elated disbelief when I see that nothing was burned, mangled, set on fire or wounded during the making of said stew.

And then see my eyes light up at the tasty, mouth watering aroma of the Totally-Mr.F.-Prepared supper.

I taste. Hmmmmmmm.

The dude makes good stew. And as hard as this is for me to admit, being that I take a little bit of pride in my kitchen skills... I think it was better than I've ever made it.

Ouch. I know.

But, the trade-off was worth it. Taking a small hit to my pride in exchange for MY MAN IN THE KITCHEN. Cooking. Stew. Really, really, really good stew. Now that's a deal I can stomach.

7 comments:

Bijoux said...

Food always tastes better when made by someone else, oui?
Glad you got a break from kitchen duties.....next step, give him the recipe for a pumpkin cheesecake.

JodyJ said...

Good for Mr. F. I must say nothing is more of a turn on then the man in the kitchen cooking. Actually there is ONE more thing that will cinch the deal, him doing dishes. Nothing says I want you more then a clean kitchen and a full tummy.
Go Mr. F!!!

flutterby said...

Cocotte -- pumpkin cheesecake... chicken souvlaki... pancakes and eggs... my mind is spinning with the possibilities. A whole new world, I tell you!

JodyJ -- I didn't tell you that he did the dishes, too? He did. I know!!! He did! :D

Therese in Heaven said...

Guy in the kitchen cooking good food? Waaaay cool.

Desmond Jones said...

I have noticed that some guys, as they get a bit older, actually come to enjoy cooking. I don't do anything terribly complicated just as of yet, but I do take pride in making the stuff I make more-than-merely-edible (I did actually win a prize for my chili recipe, once upon a time. . .)

And of course, Molly's favorite meal is one she doesn't have to cook. . .

I've told you before that 'sweeping the kitchen floor' is Molly's favorite form of foreplay. . . doing the dishes might be even better. . .

FTN said...

Someone needs to alert my wife to all of these tales of "women being turned on by a guy in the kitchen." Geez, I spent all day Friday baking stuff.

Also, I'd love some stew, if you have any leftovers.

flutterby said...

Therese -- it was definitely something I could get used to!

Desmond -- I'm sure your comment about Molly's favorite meal was much more G-rated than it sounded. :D

FTN -- My apologies for the lack of leftovers. I will be sure to send a memo to your wife, but you should know the cooking thing only turns us on if it's GOOD food. Also, NO APRONS. Also, the handling of many knives is a plus. Go get 'em Tiger.