3.20.2012

Interview with a Flutterby

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
Every day is a bad hair day when you are growing your length out.

2. How much cash do you have on you?
About $17 or so.

3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR?
Is saying "adore" cheating? Cause it kinda already has the homonym for "door" in it. Which may not technically be a rhyme. *puzzled look*

4. Favorite planet?
While I'm rather fond of Earth for it's ease of survival and fun-loving inhabitants; nothing makes me giggle like saying the name "Uranus".

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
Client call.

6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
Some techno jam from "2Fast 2Furious".

7. What shirt are you wearing?
black Roxy tee

8. Do you label yourself?
Maybe. Roller Derby has been a pretty defining involvement. If I would use any label it would be "derby girl", I guess.

9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing?
MIA -- a value village find; ratty old converse-style sneaks that fit like my feet were born in them.

10. Bright or Dark Room?
Depends on what mood I'm in. Or what I'm doing. ;)

11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
Not sure...

12. What does your watch look like?
I don't wear one.

13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
zzzzzzzzzzz.

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
"Hahaha! I love it!"

15. Where is your nearest 7-11?
About a 20 minute walk; 2 min drive.

16. What's a word that you say a lot?
"Really?" It applies to so many situations.

17. Who told you he/she loved you last?
The Kid.

18. Last furry thing you touched?
The Terd.

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
Advil Cold and Sinus.

20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?
Who uses rolls of film anymore?

21. Favorite age you have been so far?
Not sure how to answer.

22. Your worst enemy?
Procrastination.

23. What is your current desktop picture?
Skelanimals Kitty Cat

24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
"Probably Atom"

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
A million bucks. I'm a little scared of heights.

26. Do you like someone?
I like a whole bunch of Peoples. Peoples are great.

27. The last song you listened to?
An old "Demon Hunter" metalcore CD that was playing in my car.

28. What time of day were you born?
Afternoon -- I think it was around 3ish. I tried really hard not to be late. ;)

29. What’s your favorite number?
I like doubles. Like 11 or 22, etc.

30. Where did you live in 1987?
North Battleford, SK

31. Are you jealous of anyone?
I suppose so.

32. Is anyone jealous of you?
It is entirely possible, although highly improbable!

33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
At home.

34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
Stare in disbelief and press the button a few more times. I probably also check the coin return.

35. Do you consider yourself kind?
I'd like to think so.

36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
Below/beside hipbones. And I have to admit to liking the "tramp stamp" location, too.

37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
Hebrew or Mandarin.

38. Would you move for the person you loved?
Yes.

39. Are you touchy feely?
Depends on who's touching/feeling me. lol

40. What’s your life motto?
Keep swinging.

41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
If I have my purse with me, then for sure these are in it: iPhone, lip gloss, gum

42. What’s your favorite town/city?
I'm really not very well-traveled. I've always thought I would really love visiting Denver, Colorado.

43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Salad for me, hotdog for the Kid at the Costco lunch counter.

44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
Does a greeting card count? Last week.

45. Can you change the oil on a car?
*blush* nope.

46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
He was adopting children.

47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
Tracked back to some scandalous combination of 1700s Russian aristocracy and Irish/German poverty on my Dad's side. Know very little about my Mom's side.

48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
Two years ago at our derby year-end party I wore a cute dark grey drapey shirt dress and some killer 6 inch leopard print and leather heels. Man, I need to get out more.

49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
Nope. Spring allergies are well-medicated today!

50. Have you been burned by love?
Only in the best ways.

4 comments:

Craig said...

Wow. . . I haven't seen one of these 'things about me' memes in a LOOOOOOONNNNGGG time. . .

OK, then. . . do you pronounce 'Uranus' as 'yer-ANUS', or 'URINE-us'? Inquiring minds want to know. . .

And I've always thought Jim Morrison got it pretty close when he said "People are Strange". . .

And my favorite cities I've visited are San Diego and Toronto. . .

flutterby said...

Well, Craig... I think the "proper" way to pronounce Uranus is 'URINE-us'. But frankly, one makes me giggle just as much as the other. :D

Bijoux said...

I didn't know 7-11's still existed!

Craig said...

And OK - possible rhymes for 'DOOR' (especially given that you count 'adore' as a possibility, so I know you aren't going for any 'subtle shades' on the 'oo'. . .

bore
core
for/fore/four
floor
gore
whore
lore
more
nor
ignore
pore (and possibly pour/poor, depending how 'subtle' you wanna be)
roar
sore/soar
tore
wore/war
score
spore
snore
store
swore
shore
implore

Did I miss any? ;)