5.28.2009

Paid In Full.

Mother Nature did me a solid this week.

See, it wasn't all that long ago that I totally had her back. Pretty much no one was talking to her anymore, but I kinda hung in there... tried to help her along.

I wasn't really expecting anything in return, it was enough to know that I helped out a mythical figure in need. You know what I mean, doncha? Doncha??

So, imagine how surprised I was to encounter my great big cosmic ThankYou this week. It would be easy to chalk this up to chance, to some sort of fluke occurence... except this kind of thing never happens to me like this. See, for me? the whole "curse of being a woman" thing is really pretty much a curse. Not that I'm worse off than any other girl on the planet, just that I can pretty much count on it messing up every big event and thing I have planned. History kinda bears that whole thing out. First night staying over at boyfriend's place? Sports events? Large banquet type things where outfits must fit right? Outdoor Wilderness trips? Grad night? My Wedding Night? Oh yes... Mother Nature generally tries to eff things up for me on a grand and bloody scale. (Ugghh... I totally just said that, didn't I?? Sorry.)

In light of all this (not so) wonderful history, I honestly was not surprised to look at the calendar this month and see that the Crime Scene was scheduled for THE DAY OF MY FIRST DERBY BOUT. Not surprised in the least.

What was surprising was Tuesday.

High five Mother Nature. I hope this means we'll be working together from now on, cause it's been kinda sucky being on the opposite team.

2 comments:

Bijoux said...

I am very happy for you....has it still be coming at crime scene proportions, or have things gotten any better?

A manueverability action with taking the pill saved my wedding night. And mother nature also handed me a gift 4 days before we left for our 20th anniversary trip. It was seriously one of the happiest days of 2006 for me.

Desmond Jones said...

I still remember the time Aunt Ruby tapped Molly on the shoulder just as we were leaving for Midnight Mass.

Yeah - Merry Effing Christmas, Bitch. . .