3.23.2009

"Who's Your Ack-Tore?" and Answers To Other Questions You Never Thought To Ask.

OK, I am left with no choice but to bust out the Totally and Utterly Random Post up in here. Hang on for the ride.

************************
I did the math for the weekend coming up. 12 girls + 5 hours on the road + 8 hours of derby drills and spills + 2 hours of scrimmage + "X" hours of cabaret/pillowfights/general mayhem + 2 hours of fun skating at an old school roller rink the next day + 5 hours back home = Class 1 Road Trip. :) Can't wait! I'll take some pics of the carnage, I'm sure.

************************
Things are crazy icy around Fluttercity today. I witnessed so many close calls on the road today and can't believe that people aren't more careful (So says the girl who ran through a red light at 10pm on Friday night...oops.) The funniest thing is seeing the really little kids trying to walk on it. Cause they all have that invincible feeling that you get when your hand is safely holding onto a parent and they just let their legs FLY. Crazy cute.

************************
I had a super great weekend... went for what was supposed to be a birthday supper for a derby girlfriend and we ended up getting hooked up with free passes to a concert by This little Canadian group, which was super fun and all kinds of loud. The next night found me getting my karaoke on at another birthday party, which is always good therapy for the inner rockstar. I love birthdays!

************************
You can all mark your calendars today as the Day That Flutterby Starts Her Rise to Hollywood Stardom. Or something like that. Fluttercity actually has a burgeoning Film and TV industry and today I was asked to send pics to a casting agent for a TV show. It's just one episode and technically is an "extra" bit part, I believe... but I still think it's cool, if only to experience a day or two on set and make some mad money. Mostly, it's just a chance to meet some of the "playas" and maybe get some connections for some other work down the road.

************************
The Kid has lost two more teeth, one of which he pulled out himself. Which seriously about made me fall over in shock, cause just a month or two ago I had to be all TrickyToothPullingMom with him and fake him out just to get at the two teeth that had been languishin in Wiggly World for weeks beforehand. My boy is growing up. And, curiously, he has subsequently decided that he should eat salad now. Salad. It doesn't get more random than that, people.

5 comments:

JodyJ said...

Ok, you are one busy women!! I am living vicariously through you as I am couch ridden.
One question, and it's a serious one... does Kevin know about said casting call?? If you surpass him in the film industry the claws may come out..just to warn ya!! :O)

Bijoux said...

WHAT? Casting agent, TV show, "extra?" Details, we want details!

Desmond Jones said...

I luvvs me some karaoke. . .

And 8M just shed his first tooth last week. He resolutely refused to let Molly or me touch it, and that little hunk of ivory was virtually flapping in the breeze, until he let 4M 'take a look at it', and out it popped, accompanied by astonished declarations of "hey, that wasn't so bad!"

And listen - once you get all famous and everything, just remember us Little People, OK?

bernthis said...

my kid is dying to lose her teeth and as far as the driving thingy, come to L.A. and see how many people here drive like "that" and there is no weather excuse.

flutterby said...

JodyJ -- And I am living vicariously through you, my pregnant sista. :) And, while there is no "success" at the moment to report, should that ever be the case, I don't plan on ever letting it out of the bag around our Hollywood Kev. :)

Cocotte -- It's really nothing big, just an extra bit on a feature called Crime Stories. On a TV channel that no one watches. But, as once said by someone famous... This could be the start of something beautiful. lol

Desmond -- I am so having to make it out to the next Blogger Gathering. Karaoke, Guitar Hero... you guys are my kind of people!

bernthis -- OK, we just got a crapload of snow today, so don't be teasing me with words like "Come to L.A." Cause I just might show up on your doorstep. OK, so that would be creepy. I won't do that.