3.20.2009

Spring? Is That You?

I'm not sure what the weatherman would say about this; he may, indeed, have other stories to tell us of one more snowfall or a dip back into the deepfreeze temps.

I really don't care.

Cause as far as I'm concerned? Spring is here. I know this cause the Official Flutterby Spring Dectector never fails.

I just bought fresh strawberries, cheap. Not the ones that are eleventy hundred dollars for a pack of six moldering berries. But a big clamshell, measured in pounds, for the price of a coffee. Well, a coffee at Starbucks, but still.

And they are beautiful and red and juicy and you Know I will be trying my best to make them all mine!

Spring, I love you. Never, ever leave me, again.

8 comments:

Bijoux said...

I, too, share in your love affair with spring!

word veri: sushi

Anonymous said...

Almost time to till the garden!

Desmond Jones said...

If it wasn't for the allergies, spring would be my most favoritest time of the year. I just love that 'fresh' smell that the air has, once the snow leaves, and all the winter crud gets washed down the sewers (or wherever it goes. . .)

And gettin' back on the bike. . . doesn't get any better than that. . .

JodyJ said...

Today my Little J was outside in flipflops, and shorts, and a down filled vest.. too funny and too cute!! It's the official first day of Spring and I declare it's here to say...pooh pooh whatever the weatherman claims.. fresh strawberries are here to stay.

bernthis said...

Nothing is better than summer fruit. Now, if only I looked better in capri's

FTN said...

You mean it gets warm enough in spring for you guys to actually come out of your igloos? ;-)

flutterby said...

Cocotte -- This winter seems like it's lasted forever. I have vowed not to complain about stifling hot summer days ever again.

Xavier -- It seems that you have projects to keep you busy year-round. But I love seeing your garden progress the most.

Desmond -- You had to go and remind me about allergies, didn't you? We're getting some rain today, so that will hopefully help take care of some of the snow mould. ick.

JodyJ -- I really hope you got a picture of that! Get cracking on breaking that camera code cause there's way too much cuteness in your home to miss!

bernthis -- Me, too... Fruit in the winter is so expensive round here and it usually isn't very ripe or tasty. Well, at least not compared to summer, anyway.

flutterby said...

FTN -- Did you also know that IGLOOS make excellent icy tombs for blog friends who cross me one too many times?

Didn't think so.

:D