3.01.2009

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes.

It seems that lately the only thing constant in my life is change. I suppose it's just a phase, and soon things will settle into normalcy; the staid, steady plodding of life.

But, for the moment I feel like I'm riding some pretty crazy waves round this little life of mine.
And while the adrenaline rush is always fun, there are moments I feel pretty seasick.

In two days, I officially start a new job. Correction -- a second job. It is an actual career move, a job that will show well on my resume (sad, outdated, pathetic piece of paper that it is) and perhaps even help out my bank account in time. But, it's a straight commission job and as such, I'm going to be chained to the front desk job for a while longer, yet. I'm training night audit in a few weeks as it may be the only hours I have left to make some money in... and can I just tell you how much I LURVE the idea of staying up all night?

Granted, there are a few things that I will unquestionably stay up all night for and most of them can't be mentioned here. But, seriously? Sitting in a deathly quiet office under flourescent lighting doing books in the dead of night is not one of them. Not even close.

With any luck... I'll be lucky. And maybe my resume, bank account and my nocturnal sleep patterns will all come out the winner.

One can only hope.

5 comments:

JodyJ said...

Oh I feel for you Flutter!! Although with a new baby coming I too will be up all night, hey we can chat! See glass half full and all that..... :O)

Therese in Heaven said...

Good luck with the second job, and don't let it cut too much into your fun time. :)

Bijoux said...

This blog is becoming a "See what new job/hobby Flutter is doing this week!"

You make the rest of us look like lazy bums!

Desmond Jones said...

Oof! Graveyard shift is just awful! But hopefully, it's just a temporary thing, right?

And gosh. . . "With any luck. . . I'll be lucky."

Well, uh, yeah. . . I s'pose that would follow, wouldn't it?

;)

flutterby said...

JJ -- I can only imagine the dirty look you'd give me if I called you while you were sleepily nursing your baby! But, it's the thought that counts, right? :D

Therese -- I never let stuff cut into my fun time. lol

Cocotte -- And this marks the moment that my blog "jumps the shark", I think! Must. get. a. life. and. write. better. stuff.

Desmond -- glad you appreciate my ability to overstate the obvious. And yeah... hopefully it's VERY temporary.