3.22.2009

Rad To The Power Of Sick.

Long boring hours at the front desk beg for some relief from the monotony and today I found myself alternately laughing until my spleen hurt and being captivated by some of the most poetic lyrics I've heard in a long time. His name is Matt Nathanson and he's got the wildest schtick; some crazy funny bits and a great satirical humor added to this mad connection with his audience.

I will warn you that his vocabulary during his bits is pretty Colorful, so choose carefully where you watch this.

Conversely, his song lyrics are incredibly insightful and beautiful; poignant turns of phrase and an amazing esthetic that will leave you just a little stunned in the wake of it all.


If you lived and loved through the Jon Bon Jovi era of rock n roll, you can't help but enjoy this. Totally cracked me up.





Just a couple examples of some great songwriting and performance. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Bijoux said...

I love me some Jon Bon.......and I had to sing along!

JodyJ said...

I tried a few times to watch but my kids kept coming in the room, and well the language is a littl colorful... I will try again later.

flutterby said...

Cocotte -- I was totally singing it, too. :)

JodyJ -- Yeah, it is pretty bad, isn't it? Being bored out of my skull tends to lower my standards a bit. :(