3.23.2011

DAYS 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

DAY 15 -- A song that describes you.


Jann Arden -- Good Mother
I think that growing up is a lot about realizing who you are and recognizing the people who are a part of you. I am thankful -- so very thankful -- for my family.


DAY 16 -- A song you used to love but now hate.


Phil Collins -- A Groovy Kind of Love
Again with the "hating". I'm not much of a hater. I'm more of a lover. *big, cheesy wink* Back in Grade 7 (which I'd like to think wasn't just ALL that much "back", now, was it??) I heard this song every morning and afternoon whilst traveling on the school bus. My pre-teen self ate up all the ooey-gooey sentiment like it was a chocolate sundae with extra chocolately chocolate syrup and sprinkles. I can't say I hate it now... it's a sweet little song in it's own way. Just not my cup of tea.


DAY 17 -- A song you hear a lot on the radio.


Bruno Mars -- Grenade
Seems like whenever I turn on the radio, this one is getting a lot of play time. The kid has a nice tone.


DAY 18 -- A song you wish you heard on the radio.


Revive -- Blink
Just cause I really don't think it could hurt anyone to be reminded during their day of the things that really matter in life. Slow down. Breathe. Love.


DAY 19 -- A song from your favorite album.

I can't embed this one, so please click here if you want to check it out on You Tube.
Justin Nozuka -- After Tonight
I'm kinda cheating, cause this is actually from a Juno Awards compilation album. Not sure if that can be considered an "album" per se... but it's one that I pop in my CD player a lot. I just totally love this kid's voice and the easy vibe in this song. Like falling, baby.

1 comment:

Craig said...

You ARE a good mom. . .

And wow; haven't heard 'Groovy Kind of Love' in a looooooong time; that's not original with Phil Collins, tho, is it? 'Groovy' just seems a little '60s-retro', even by Phil Collins' time. . .