3.14.2011

DAY 11, 12, 13, 14

Day 11 -- A song from your favorite band.


Bon Jovi -- Who Says You Can't Go Home.
I never considered myself a "favorite band" type of person -- I really like EVERYTHING just too much to settle on one band, you know? But as I thought about what "favorite" meant. I realized that there was a band that I've pretty much liked whatever they've done, whether solid rock numbers or soft ballads or a bit of urban cowboy flavor. I know most of their songs. I guess they are my favorite band... or at least one of them. :)


Day 12 -- A song from a band you hate.
Jonas Brothers. I'm not even gonna post a song here. I feel really, really mean. Like, a giant, big MEANY. They are kids... or mostly kids. I'm being harsh. But I just can't listen to them without wanting to scrape out my eardrums with a sharp utensil.


Day 13 -- A song that is your guilty pleasure.


Earth, Wind and Fire -- Boogie Wonderland
Do I really WANT people to know that disco in my kitchen? Nope. But I do. And this is likely the song that I'll do it to. Cause it makes me super happy and, come on... that song has some serious groove, people. I dare you not to move!


Day 14 -- A song no one would expect you to love.


August Burns Red -- Meddler
Yes, I am a closet metalcore lover. But with one caveat. I only listen to the subgroup "Christian" metalcore. Just cause I can't understand ALL the words doesn't mean I want to listen to songs about stomping on baby kittens or whatever. Anyway... this song is one of my absolute favorites. It's like a high for my ears... soaring riffs, ripping guitar, crisp drumming. Love, love, love it. And I imagine that that might surprise you. Maybe. Maybe not.

4 comments:

Bijoux said...

Lots to comment on.....I don't like BonJovi. I think I would, except they are SO overplayed here, that I think I just grew sick and tired of them. But Jon is still yummy.

OTOH, I don't think I've ever actually heard of Jonas Bros. song! Thank you for allowing me to continue in my ignorance.

Any funk song from the 60's-70's is amazing! LOVE IT!

I'm not surprised you'd pick a metal song, but to me, it's just screaming!

Bijoux said...

I meant 'a' not 'of' Jonas Bros. song.

Craig said...

Well, see, that's why it really doesn't make sense for me to follow a program like this. . . 'cuz it would pretty much just be a month's worth of Beatles. With a little Simon & Garfunkel, and 'Danny's Song' (the Loggins & Messina version) thrown in. . .

And I'll just leave aside the sundry incongruities that fill my brain at the notion of 'Christian metalcore'. 'Cuz, you know, I'm sure it's really great stuff, and all. . .

Anonymous said...

You, surprising? Nope. Refreshing? Definitely!

I'd like to share my play-list some day but sadly, within this conversation, ATM it would have too much Rush and Hannity 'cuz I'm rolling there a lot .... then again, I do have an idea ......

be worried. And cautious ....