3.05.2011

DAYS 04/05

Day 04 -- A song that makes you sad.


Mad World -- Gary Jules
Oh gosh... from the existential lyrics to the haunting melodies and spare production, this song is a beautiful, big, DOWNER. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate or like it, just that it actually truly affects my mood. There are plenty of other more "sad" songs out there; heartbreaking, cryin', lovin', leavin' songs that evoke so much emotion. But when it comes down to a song that literally "makes me feel sad"... this is it. Hands down.


Day 05 -- A song that reminds me of someone.


Coat of Many Colors -- Dolly Parton
I have so many great memories of my childhood, but some of my favorites are times spent listening to my Mom take a break from her day. She'd grab her guitar and a coffee and likely a smoke and soon I'd hear the sounds of her lovely playing and singing and inevitably drift on over to play with my toys close around her. As a young child, I didn't grasp the picture of poverty painted in these lyrics, but the love of a mother creating something for her child stayed with me. And whenever I hear this song, I think of my young Mom and how she enjoyed creating music.

4 comments:

Bijoux said...

I've never even heard either of those songs before! This is a great idea, Flutter. Thanks for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

never heard of the first one. Love the second one even if I don't care for the singer ..... whatta ya gonna do, huh?

Craig said...

A mother's love is a wonderful thing. . .

Bijoux said...

BTW - I DID IT!