12.09.2012

Offspring Moments.

Just a few things that warmed my heart around the Flutterbyhouse lately:

This morning, as I was putting the finishing touches on my hair for the day, the Princess walks into the bathroom and hugs me from behind, saying, "I love you, Mom. Don't ever die." Which of course was prompted by a nightmare she had the night before. But still sweet. Until I realize that she was dreaming about me dying. Creepy.

The Kid is starting to love to sing and it is straight up adorable. His favorite thing is to bring the laptop into his room to play Minecraft and blast some music that he'll sing along with. I think that because it's so loud in his own room, he assumes that we can't hear him sing. We can. It's cute. His voice is kinda warbly and young and he's in there giving it his all. I love it.

Seeing my kiddos get along so well. This week they each remembered on their own that they wanted to buy a gift for the other for Chanukkah. I hope that they will always remain close like this.

The Kid has lost so many teeth in the past 4-6 weeks. He looks like a little chipmunk, all toothy up front and then spaces on the sides. I love his grin, it makes me smile.

Thankful for my little traditions with my kiddos. Glad that my boy still wants me to come tuck him in and pray with him. And for mani/pedi nights with my Princess. Watching Merlin with the Kid, while he tries to make sure that his mama is up to speed with the plot. And cringing all through The Walking Dead with the Princess. (post to come on that nasty little parenting decision, all my own fault)

The Kid's Minecraft creations. I get regular tours of all he's built and I never fail to be astounded at his creativity and ability to take these ideas from his head and bring them to "life" in this weird little world. It never fails to make me glad that I took a few minutes away from what I was doing to come take a look.

The Princess and all the fun friends she brings into our home. I enjoy them all and this is kinda a fun stage of parenting to relate on this different level with your child and her friends. We have a girls weekend planned in May and I'm really looking forward to it.

My kids. I love'em.

1 comment:

Bijoux said...

My spouse is obsessed with those damn walkers! Lol, he couldn't talk any of us into watching with him, but since he's watched every marathon, I pretty much know the show inside and out, without ever having sat down to watch it.

My kids loved Rollercoaster Tycoon and liked to show me their creations. Esp the funny names they came up with for the rides.