12.12.2012

Fruit Salad 101

Yesterday I posted a little tidbit from Way Back and out of context it maybe is a bit nonsensical.

Context, anyone?  Giggly 12 or 13yr old girl sleepover talk.  This little fruity rubric was a generalization of the different types or categories of kisses.  The shape of your mouth and involvement of your tongue was a clue to each one.

Peaches.  Little friendly peck kisses.  Family kisses.  Affectionate kiss on the forehead kisses.

Prunes.  Soft lip kisses, sweet and full.

Plums.  Open mouth, maybe a little tongue.

Alfalfa.  OK, so it's not a fruit.  But saying the word would dissolve us in giggles all the same.

Go ahead.  Try it.  ;)

6 comments:

Craig said...

OK, just for the record, I left my comment on the previous post before I saw this. There was an evangelical pastor I knew growing up, who used this 'kiss scale' with his youth group, to 'classify' the escalating levels of, um, interplay. . .

Craig said...

So. . . 300 or bust by the end of the year, eh?

Bijoux said...

I would think a prune kiss refers to dear aunt Edith and the peach kiss would be the most illicit. I'm afraid this scale would have confused me. Unless you include cucumbers in your scale.

Craig said...

@Bijoux - It's supposed to evoke what your mouth does when you say the words. . .

And now I'll try to set aside the 'peach' images you put in my brain. . .

;)

Anonymous said...

wait, did i miss what alfalfa signifies? i mean, it's gotta be good if it's giggle worthy. do tell!

flutterby said...

Xavier -- Just say the word in an exaggerated way and pay attention to your lips and tongue while you're saying it. ;)

Bijoux -- I like how you think.

Craig -- Yeppers -- It's gonna happen. Even if I have to stretch two posts from what should have just been one. C'mon pastors do it all the time with sermons... ;) And I hereby award you full points for knowing what these Fruit references were all about.