11.14.2012

Oh, His Papa Would Be Proud.

So, today I'm driving with the Kid in the car; chit chatting and enjoying some time with just my boy as we drop him back to school after lunch break.  Out of the blue he comments:

Kid:  You know, I like rock and roll and everything but --

me:  (encouraging) mmhmmm...

Kid:  I think that my favorite music is Country.

Me:  It's one of my favorites too, it reminds me of back home and Gramma and Papa

Kid:  Yeah, and I sort of think that's what Heaven is gonna sound like.  Like, I don't know for sure, but it sounds like it could be. 

Man, I love this kid. I couldn't help but think back to my two-year old whiz kid getting into the stereo all the time and changing out my CD to put in his favorite one:  Travis Tritt's "Down the Road I Go".  I don't know what it was about that album, but the Kid would want to listen to it constantly.  A couple songs, though, were his absolute favorite and he would click the back button relentlessly to listen to them over and over. And sing.  Would he ever give it his all, singing in that awesome little kid way where they sing out all their own made-up words and throw in the main ones that they can copy.  And so, in honor of my very little baby boy with the discerning musical tastes, stubborn, obsessive nature and incredible aptitude for figuring out how to operate our household electronics, I will share some of his favorites and take a little mama-journey down memory lane while I listen. 










2 comments:

Craig said...

"I sort of think that's what Heaven is gonna sound like."

Please God, no. . .

;)

I mean, I have very eclectic musical tastes and all, but. . .

When I was a kid Up North, the local radio played both kinds of music - Country AND Western. . .

Anonymous said...

eclectic and country in the same post? wow.

you ain't wanting any part of my playlist mr craig, that's for sure.

send your boy down this way, we'll sing our own words for days on end in blissful country joy. and record it all to share with craig!! ;-)