4.25.2012

Things I Don't Want to See Again For a Really Long Time.

Things have been rocky with our new little pooch in the house. The Pup is utterly adorable and endearing. And playful. And kind of a jerk in a puppy-sort-of-way to The Terd. And The Terd, well... let's just say that she is not a big fan of The Pup. And not in the way of "I'm Not a Fan, But Maybe In Time I Will Be" and more in the way of "Get This POS Pup Outta My House Before I Go Postal and Pee and Poop all over your Pillows Every Day Until I Die". Or something like that.

We are as yet undecided as to how this story will end. I'm not happy with how the two are relating... or not relating as you look at it. The Terd has lost an alarming amount of weight and is pretty stressed. I was holding her this morning and I can feel each rib and vertabrae on her spine. The Pup is fat and roly-poly and has the most astonishing case of diarrhea.

Which leads me to the Aforementioned Title and Accompanying List. Without further ado, Things Which I Don't Want to See Again For a Really Long Time.

1.) Lysol Wipes.
2.) Boiled Rice and Beef in a Blender. Just vile.
3.) Poopy Fur. Also vile.
4.) The sight of puppy poop on my Australian Wool Duvet. Heinous.
5.) Puppy kennel with Poop Enhancements at 2:30am. Wrong.
6.) Puppy kennel with Poop Enhancements at 4:00am. Wrong. Wrong.
7.) Puppy kennel with Poop Enhancements at 5:30am. Wrong. Wrong. Oh so Wrong.
8.) Lysol Wipes. Did I say that already?
9.) Puppy squatting over air register. Dear God in Heaven.
10.) Chocolate Pudding. Seriously. Not interested.

The Pup had her deworming treatment over a week ago. The vet says to continue with the Rice/Beef. She is happy and playful, otherwise, and thankfully is making it to the litter box most of the time during the day.

Nighttime is clearly another thing altogether. She whines and howls pitifully if we keep her down in a room with her litter box. Bringing the kennel up into our room placates her and she sleeps well. The only thing that wakes her is her need to poop. Which is apparently done in stealth and then she sits beside her handiwork (or in it) until the stench wakes me. And let it be known that I have a sensitive nose and most times turn on the light in time to catch her finishing up. You cannot imagine what a treat that is at 3:30am. Really. Just try to imagine. You can't.

Did I mention she is cute? Like, ridiculously so.


This may be the only thing saving her from a long leash in the back yard at nighttime.

3 comments:

Craig said...

See, it's probably best if I refrain from saying what I really think here.

'Cuz there ain't no amount of cute that makes up for pooping on my stuff, and stressin' out the incumbent dog.

God bless you. You're more patient than I am. . .

WordVer = 'eemition'
Just sayin'. . .

flutterby said...

I should also mention that I am allergic to her. Not in the Can't Breath kind of way. But in the "Break out in a Rash whenever her fur touches my neck or face" kind of way.

*sigh*

I would put up with that and just learn to not be as cuddly with her. Or hope to eventually become immune.

But our lil Terd is super distressed and they just spent the afternoon here freaking out on each other while I refereed. It's starting to look like we will have to find this little Fluffer a new home.

Balls.

Anonymous said...

Mmm, night-time puppy poo. Few things as, um, memberable.

We just added 3 mutts to our menagerie, courtesy of the fiance .... fun times.