4.18.2012

Back In The Saddle Again

Been home for a bit, now... finally starting to get settled into normal.

Not that blogging at 1:13am is my usual "Normal". Apparently, when one introduces a very vocal puppy into one's home, "Normal" is anything but Normal. Especially at 1am when said puppy is lonely and likes to howl at the moon.

Who's freakin idea was it to get a puppy, anyhow? *grumble grumble*

Oh yeah. Mine. *sigh*

********************************
Vacation was pretty great. I managed to almost blow up my eardrum on the flight there and actually was kinda feeling miserable for a lot of the trip thereafter. Which kinda sucked. Alot. Mr. F. was relegated to the role of ride supervisor, while I cheered from the sidelines. I did manage a few hair-raising rides with the kids, but not nearly enough. Truth be told, I'm kinda bummed about the whole thing. However. We did have fun. The weather was amazing and we found a nice mix of fun, sightseeing and relaxing.

*********************************
I think I've pretty much made my decision that this is my last season of derby. I missed travel team try-outs while we were vacationing, and I have to say that I don't really feel a big need to push for a make-up date -- I think I'm just going to play house teams this season. Two of my friends broke their ankles last week and I'd be lying if I said this isn't bothering me, too. I don't know. Maybe I'll feel differently in a bit of time. But right now I'm looking at old Airstream trailers and wondering how many road trips I can fit into next summer. :D

**********************************
Well, puppy is finally silent. Gonna get some zzzzzzz's.

2 comments:

Bijoux said...

Didn't you go to LA? I wanna hear more!

Craig said...

So. . . your vacation was great, except for the parts that sucked, and bummed you out. . .

Sounds about right. . .

Your ambivalence about another season of derby reminds me of when I was in my mid-30s, and the group of weekend warriors I played basketball with on weekends started going down, one by one, with blown knees, or achilles tendons, or what-have-you. And not long after that, I kinda decided that I could get my workouts in a less-potentially-catastrophic way. . .

WordVer = 'onsand' and 'peachi'; sounds like your vacation?