4.27.2009

Cause That's How She Rolls.

This past weekend the Princess finished off her Rock 100 experience with a concert performance. There were approximately 15 "rock bands" that were performing a song or two each, and her band was first on the list.

Being her first really Public Performance, I was expecting her to be nervous and full of butterflies (as I would be...) but she surprised me and stayed calm and composed. Quite the cool cucumber, I guess. Their band performed "About a Girl" (of the The Academy Is variety, not the Nirvana tune.) and I have to say that they did very well. Their volunteer producer was one of the best that we saw that night and her hard work in leading the band paid off. There was only one or two groups that, in my opinion, did better -- and they were all older kids. Needless to say, I was pretty proud of my lil girl.

We had lots of fun getting ready for the concert. We don't do Halloween around here, and so I'm always happy to go the extra mile for other fun dress-up events. I promised the Princess she would be Rockstar... I think we did it.





5 comments:

Bijoux said...

She looks sooo much like you! And older than I was expecting! Really cute. College Daughter loves The Academy Is.....now I need to see if I can find that song amongst her CD's she left behind.

Anonymous said...

Sweet!! So when do we get to hear the recording? :-)

Desmond Jones said...

Please don't hurt me, Princess. . .

;)

And hey, my WordVer is 'regally'. Which, I'm sure, has more to do with you than with me. . .

JodyJ said...

Who is THAT!!?? What have you done with my sweet, Hannah Montana lovin', web kinz collecting, puppy lovin'neice??? Who is this hard core chick??????
You look beautiful *ahem* I mean you look edgy and rock n'roll Princess!! I HOPE your old man and old lady recorded this so we all can see you in your element!

flutterby said...

Cocotte -- This was the first I'd ever heard of the band. :(

Xavier -- See, I'm totally kicking myself about that. We don't own a video camera but our digital camera can take short video clips. I was hoping to get a couple in during the performance, but when I switched to video mode, I was promptly notified that there was not enough battery power to record video. So, pics are all I have. Gah!!!

Desmond -- Is that your way of saying "Like mother, like daughter?" :)

JodyJ -- I'm hoping to track down someone else from her school who got it on video, otherwise... see above! Sorry.