2.05.2009

A Little Bit of This...

My kids are home from school, yet again. The Kid managed an impressive fever last night after his first day back at school which won him a morning off. And the Princess, who had been at school the day before, ended up coming home midday being really pretty sick. So, morning off for her, too.

I don't even want to say it lest I jinx it, but... the fact that I've managed not to get either Mr. F's chest cold or the grommets' ear/nose/throat thing-ey is nothing less than a miracle. I think it's maybe cause I've been taking Grapefruit Seed Extract, which is an antibiotic. I really have no other explanation cause this is really one for the record books. You won't see me complain, though.

Warning: TMI... Really, really a lot of TMI... Beware.
Unless... the GSE (as a Vitamin K inhibitor) could be also responsible for the freaking CRIME SCENE my body tried to replicate yesterday, almost sending me to Emerg. cause Holy Cow The Bleeding, people. Un. Freaking. Real. The healthline nurse very gravely warned me to head straight to the ER and I, well, didn't do so. But really, have you seen a FlutterCity ER lately? I took some iron and prayed, instead. Not that I was irresponsible about it, but just more "Wait and See". I felt fine, actually, and by midnight things had mostly gone back to normal so... I'll say nothing more except that I NEVER want to do that again.

*************************
The Princess is really hitting her stride at school, lately. She's been bringing home some terrific marks and really being conscientious about doing a good job on her projects and studying and what not. Unfortunately, this has not in any way, shape or form influenced the condition of her room. Three weeks ago, she joined a band class at school and came home with great news; she's been chosen to be the drummer of this little rock band. Passed auditions and everything. (I knew all those hours of playing RockBand with her would pay off!) It was really so wonderful to see her confidence in herself; to have a skill that only we knew she had be validated in front of her peers. Or something like that, I'm not really explaining it well, I know.

*************************
I'm irked at the scheduling I've been getting at my new job. My supposed "Weekday/Day shift" has turned into me being the exclusive "WeekEND day shift" girl and I'm not pleased. I have talked to my manager and now he's doing some sort of shady quick-step around why the hours have changed. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, I just know that I'm not pleased with the present situation and hate the feeling of being lied to. I absolutely DESPISE the idea of leaving a job so quickly -- it's not what I want on my resume, I am not a quitter... but I may have no choice if things can't become a bit more flexible.

*************************
The Kid's front two teeth came out some time ago and I swear this is the cutest look for him. He looks just like the sweetest little vampire, ever. I swear, it's adorable.

*************************
I've really been wanting a dog, lately. Which is all kinds of silliness considering just how busy we are and how dreadful our last experience was. But, hey... some dreams don't die, I guess. Maybe someday I'll have my house on a little piece of land somewhere where my big, smooshy eared doggy can have the best life ever and I can smoosh his smooshy ears and kiss his kissy face whenever I want and life will be grand. Right? Right.

10 comments:

Bijoux said...

Hope the kids are feeling better soon. I was wondering how th enew job was going. That's what I fear about part-time work - it's weekend work!

Now about this bleeding...please tell me it was related to a certain time of the month and not an accident involving those new skates.

FTN said...

Yeah, I could have done without the bleeding paragraph, but since I'm married, I should be used to my wife talking like that by now.

The job thing is annoying. I'd be super frustrated at essentially being lied to when I was hired. Sorry to hear that.

Oh, and congrats on being the Mom to a budding rock star.

Desmond Jones said...

With all due respect to my dear friend Cocotte. . .

NO!!! PLEASE DON"T TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT 'A CERTAIN TIME OF THE MONTH!!!!

Thank you. . . I'm better now. . .

----------

Like yer Princess, 6F has really been hitting her academic stride recently. She's never been a particularly 'stellar' student, but the last three semesters, she's been on the AB Honor Roll. I've gotta be careful not to act TOO surprised. . .

And yeah, it hasn't meant anything at all for the condition of her room. . .

flutterby said...

Sorry guys... there WAS a warning, y'all.

No accident, though. Just a beat down involving Mother Nature and Myself. I lost.

JodyJ said...

DON'T DO IT!!!! I'm telling you flutter it is an illusion. YOu have a new house, a unfinished yard, you will regret it!!! Think of wiping muddy dog prints each and everytime it wants to go out and come in. Think of the hair, the guilt that comes when the poor pooch doesn't get walked everyday. I have to agree and say wait for your piece of land and keep it outside!!!! They have accidents in our houses, dirty up our carpet, the kids loose interest and then said pooch looks to you for attention and play time. Not to mention the shyte all over your yard, your dead grass from pee....augh!! it stresses me out thinking about it. I am afraid to see what damage is done to my new grass by my sweet dog. I miss her, but I am relieved she is now on an acreage.
I know all you dog lovers are hating me right now, but listen, I KNOW FLUTTER, she knows me. We know what we are like.

flutterby said...

JJ -- you crack me up, girl. :) Yeah, you know I won't be adopting any furries until we are on a acerage or something.

Trooper Thorn said...

The dogs are waaaaay less work than the kids.

Anonymous said...

You gotta way-sick family there, flutter. Take care of you (and keep your distance!)

And that girly stuff? Keep an eye on it, Queenie went through a few bouts of 'nothing serious' but it sure made things tough for her until THE FIX. get thee to the Docs, don't wait for Spring!

And hurray for Princess! No sweat on the room, Oddkin's room was an OSHA hazzard zone until she left for college and she's doing fine now. Enjoy her success!

Bummer on the job thing, I don't think I ever had a job where they were truthfull about hours and all.

Vampire is a good look for guys right now, they seem to be all the rage! Watch out for them groupies, though .....

Yes, someday you'll have the pooch and life will be grand. Honest.

Therese in Heaven said...

Bleeding like that can be a real bitch. A scary bitch. Keep an eye on that if it continues to happen. And floridex is a good high dose iron supplement to help build up your blood count. Plus it doesn't have some of the unpleasant digestive side-effects that a lot of iron can have.

flutterby said...

Xavier -- Good to know that there's hope that my child's room will not be an indicator of their success in life! :)

Therese -- I will check out the floridex cause I am hating the, uhhh, side effects. blech.