10.27.2008

Them's the Facts, Ma'am.

Fact. I am a packing machine. Things are snug and sorted and shrink wrapped to prevent breakage or scuffing. Boxes are planned to be full and yet Not Too Heavy.

Fact. Stuff is labelled and marked so I know what's inside.

Fact. I work room by room in a remarkably ordered fashion and sort through stuff as I go.

Fact. I am a taper. Me and the packing tape are bosom buddies. (Well, except for the Lip Incident, but that may have been my fault.)

Fact. I would like to be as ordered and fastidious when I unpack. I would like to move in to a room then unpack Everything for that room, make it all orderly and shiny, dust and vacuum/mop and then stand back and survey a Room Well Done. BUT...

Fact. My garage is a jumble of boxes and furniture with boxes mixed amongst other stuff; and stuff that I need is behind stuff that is impossible to move by myself and all my labelling was pointless cause everything is Here, There and Everywhere and I may just stab myself with something dull before the day is over and that would be a shame cause...

Fact. I'm sposed to be starting something new and wonderful this week and I'm thinking that adapting my game plan to something a little more loosey-goosey might work well in my favor. Sure will beat the alternative straight jacket and happy pill combo.

So, uhh.... here's to being a bit more relaxed and a lot less OCD.

8 comments:

FTN said...

I'm all for more loosey-goosey-ness and less OCD-ness. So, hey, good luck with that. And try not to stab yourself.

Desmond Jones said...

". . . 'cause everything is Here, There and Everywhere. . ."

Hey, a Beatles reference!

What FTN said. . . Too much 'new and wonderful' stuff in the offing for you to go stabbing yourself. . .

{{{hugs}}}

flutterby said...

FTN -- "Loosey-goosey" is working much better. No carnage thus far. But I'm revising my "Not Too Heavy" designation on the boxes. Some of those babies are 60 to 70 lbs. My bad.

Desmond -- I would like to be able to say that I did that for Beatles fans everywhere, but I'm a little clueless when it comes to the Beatles. *ducks and covers*. Imagine" that?

Desmond Jones said...

(*Ahem*)

Imagine was actually a solo release by John Lennon, from 1971, a year-plus after the Beatles had broken up. . .

But, I always count the solo releases of former Beatles as sort-of 'half-Beatle' songs.

'Cuz I'm just generous like that. . .

;)

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home ... again!

Yeah, don't sweat the boxed stuff. :-)

Two words: Hand Truck. $30. Your back (and arms and legs) will thank you. And me.

Anonymous said...

Anxious to hear all about the new adventures!

I have missed reading you.
D.

flutterby said...

Desmond -- Hey, it's been a Hard Day's Night and you can't expect me to keep my facts straight about John McCartney or Paul Ringo or whatsisface!!! :D lol

Xavier -- I will have to remember the whole "hand truck" thingey for the next move (ACK!!! I am Never Moving Again!). Do they do stairs? Just wondering.

Digger -- thanks for the welcome back.

Anonymous said...

Yes, if you gets you a good one with pneumatic (blow-up) wheels they do stairs quite nicely, both up and down.