10.31.2008

Just stuff... and more stuff.

So today is my last Planned day of unpacking. "What?" You say. "A whole week of unpacking?"

Yes, I have been somewhat of an unorganized little tart with this move. I think I'm just a little overdone on the moving thing. And I'm realizing just how rigid I can be. For example. I've always moved stuff into an empty, clean place -- even if it means I went in to the house the day before and cleaned everything. So, it's driven me a little insane to move stuff into a place that is not only already mostly occupied, it's also a bit on the dirty side. (and I do give credit to Mr. F for the good work he did in attempting to keep the house clean while I was gone. But, it was an Attempt. Just saying.) So, I've been cleaning whilst unpacking.

Which brings me to another weakness I have. Multitasking. Really can not do it for crap. I am a person who likes to lock down on the task at hand, finish it and move on to the next. Bring multiple strands of thoughts and attentions to the table and I turn into a raging ADD poster child. I'm all... "get this done, get that done... ooooh! SHINY!!"

So cleaning, organizing, unpacking and purging junk all at once has rendered me somewhat of a slobbering idiot.

But, thankfully, I have somehow struggled through the boxes and battled my Multitasking demons. I've got about one more solid day of work to go and then... Done. Like. Dinner.

Of course, with the end in sight... what else to do but celebrate? So, LOGICALLY, I will keep my kids home from school today so we can all enjoy a long weekend together being a family in our house that now looks like a house. Will having kids around cut back on my Efficiency? "NO!" says retarded Flutterby. And, LOGICALLY, I will decide to make a big pancake breakfast and bake Challah bread and make two new recipes for supper, plus make ahead cinnamon buns to rise in the fridge overnight so that we all can wake up tomorrow morning and have the BEST breakfast ever. Will planning all this hinder my unpacking genius? "NO WAY!!" cheers insane Flutterby. And, of course, LOGICALLY, it makes sense to also notice that my kids are needing haircuts and that I should run out for some groceries for the fan-freaking-tastic Family Movie Night me and Mr. F have planned for tonight. Surely, adding this will make my list of growing tasks easier to accomplish? "HELL YES!!" screams deranged, loony and demented Flutterby.

So, clearly... my day will go just as planned and clearly I will not be banging my little cranium against the Rigid Wall. And now that I'm feeling better... ooooh!!! SHINY!!

4 comments:

Desmond Jones said...

You and I are multi-taskers of similar lineage, I think. Just give me one thing to do, and sufficient time and brain-space to scheme it out, and I am so very-very good. But, even to balance two balls in the air, and it's blithering-idiot time. . .

Desmond Jones said...

And, Family Movie Night - good plan! Blessings to you and all the F's, as you get things pulled together. . . ;)

flutterby said...

Challah is rising. Kitchen is prepped. Wine is chilling. Stuff is clean... well, reasonably clean. :) The Kid's hair is looking sweet and much less shaggy. Groceries have been gotten...

I.... AM.... THAT... HERO!!!!!

But seriously? SO ready for the weekend.

JodyJ said...

I think I just went into "finding a happy place" mode... I'm overwhelmed for you.
Sounds like a great weekend planned ahead, have a good one.