2.12.2010

This Road Trip Brought to You by the Letter "W" and Orange TicTacs

Yesterday I set out on the open road to bring a Wheel Demo Event to neighboring derby league. Well... "neighbors" who are about 500kms east of me. It really was a whirlwind of a trip. I packed up and loaded the truck down that morning and was on the road by noon: the event went from 9pm to midnight or thereabouts, I caught about 5 hours of sleep and then was back on the road to come home.

But I have to say it. I did have fun.

At first I was a little grumpy about not being able to take my very own Rocket. I love that car. But Rocket did not love all the STUFF I had to take along.


It was a lot of stuff. And Rocket just wasn't meant to haul the payload. I was really feeling kinda crabby about driving Mr F's SUV. Not that it's not nice, but it's weird to park and back up and just didn't feel at all the same as my peppy and familiar as my lil Civic. But, I soon found myself warming up to the old truck... Mostly because of this bit of Saving Grace.



Oh yes... the dance party was kicked up in thurr. I got all low and gangsta with X 20 and then hit the way back tracks on XM 8 and a little bit of 9. And the Hair Band station was a quick stop in between a little bit of Country on XM 16 and the "good" music on XM 32. I am officially a HUGE fan of satellite radio. NO COMMERCIALS!!! How sweet is that? Let me tell you, it's about as sweet as the Sweetness That Saved Radio. Cause commercials make me want to stab myself in the eye with a dull pencil. True dat.

(See, we's got all gangsta for realz, brah...)

Here are some highlights from my trip; in pictures.


This was actually the first picture of my trip. The point where I got so bored that I thought of the camera in my purse and had the trippy little thought that I should document the boredom. Good idea, Flutterby. Let's drive dangerously while smiling for the camera and see if that picks up the excitement level any. I am genius.


And this my dear readers... is why I was bored.


These babies are MINE, now!! Part of my trip involved a quest for decently priced socket/rachets/whatever they're called. Cause I needed 10 1/2" sockets. I scored a sweet deal at Peavey Mart on double sets of 3/8" and 1/4" drive rachets. Problem was... good luck finding 1/2" sockets for a 1/4" drive rachet. Two cities later I found the adapters I needed at a Princess Auto (and I won't even tell you how freakin cool I felt when I figured out what I needed). I know, I amaze even myself.


I may or may not have eaten 100 orange TicTacs on this trip. Yummm... me loves some orange TicTacs


I also may or may not have sorta trashed Mr F's truck. I promise I will clean it up. (Special thanks to Mr. Tim Horton for helping me not eat icky fast food this trip. FYI, I am not counting the Boston Cream donut as fast food cause all the icing stuck to the bag and everyone knows all the bad stuff is in the icing. The inside is pure, healthful goodness... just saying)


More boredom. Sortof. I actually enjoyed the drive. It's nice, kinda curvy highway which makes one feel a bit like a racecar driver. (*SIGH* Rocket, come back to me...) Just could have done with a bit less of it by this point... 10 hours total on the road in less than 24 hours.


Officially have OD'd on the urban vibe. Throwing up hoods and gang signs at passing cars. I think I may have scared an elderly lady. Almost home.

OK... I will admit that things got dicey on the way home. A girl can only take so much open road on her own. I was on the verge of talking to myself.

The Wheel Demo was a huge success, though. Good sales and absolutely awesome PR. I really enjoyed my time with the girls and look forward to doing another one soon. Maybe just a little bit closer to home this time.

7 comments:

Craig said...

Seriously?!? You were throwin' gang signs?!? In SASKATCHEWAN?!?!? 'Cuz, like, that could be dangerous, y'know?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

(OK, sorry; better now)

The highway in the Canadian prairies isn't much less boring than the ones in the US prairie states, is it? At least it curves a little bit. I recall driving thru cornfields many years ago, so flat you could've set a cue ball in the road and it wouldn't roll. We rejoiced at the sight of a grain elevator on the horizon, just 'cuz we had something to look at besides the concrete ribbon stretching off to the horizon. . .

Bijoux said...

You are so funny, Flutter! Loved all the photos. Sometimes, when I'm REALLY cold, I will drive with my hood on, but then realize I probably look like a poser, so I take it down and turn up the heater:*

JodyJ said...

Flutter- you are too funny, love the pics!!
I have one little request. I blame it on my old age and wacky eyes, would you consider changing your template, I am having a really hard time reading with the contrast.... sorry to complain but I enjoy your blog girl and I wanna keep reading it!!

flutterby said...

Craig -- I would *like* to think that I was living dangerously, thank you very much. :D This actually was a nice drive. While definitely not "hill country", the road was a nice swervy, curvy ride; kept me from getting dozy.

Cocotte -- I know, right?! I love my hood, though. Best way to keep yourself warm. Love it!

JodyJ -- OK... just for you I will change my profile. *sigh* the one I **REALLY** wanted didn't work. But, for now... this little peek at tropical island bliss will have to do. Kinda looks like a place I've seen in my dreams or something! ;) I'm so tired of winter.

JodyJ said...

Flutter- I love the new template, thanks girl, sorry to have to be a bother.
I am SOOOOOOOOOOO tired of winter too. Some days, actually almost everyday, we talk of relocating some place where we don't ever have to experience the frigid cold ever again!!
Florida looks nice :O)

Craig said...

So, uh. . . exactly where in Saskatchewan did you get your template photo from?

FTN said...

I just feel the need to mention that this post greatly amused me.