9.14.2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

No Winter Wonderland just yet.

However, it is the season for WFTDA Regional and Championship competition. It's Women's Flat Track Roller Derby playoffs and that means Four Regional tourneys, followed by Nationals. And THAT means that I am a very happy girl. I am definitely planning to spend more than just a few hours over the next few weeks to put on my "raving spectator" cap and watch some of North America's most awesome teams do their thing on the track.

And, more immediately; tomorrow is our own league's championship game. I was hit earlier this week with a bit of a flu and my fingers are crossed that I will be feeling 100% come tomorrow night.

My juniors are also playing their first home scrimmage tomorrow and I am super excited to see them shine on the track. Coaching has been one of my sweet derby surprises, it's something that gives me a lot of joy and these kids are pretty terrific.

So, here's to a great weekend with just a few more to follow!

2 comments:

Craig said...

Kitty Killswitch is on the prowl. . .

Anonymous said...

Ahh, my dear sweet Kitty .... stand clear!