9.25.2012

Indulge Me.

Oh man, I love the 80s. When the girls looked hot and, well, the hot guys looked like girls. Just sayin. Tonight's a ballads-only, slow-dancing, lip-locking trip down memory lane. We'll rock out with our... well, we'll check out the heavy rockin stuff another night. ;) Arguably the most technically perfect metal voice of the time, and definitely the sexiest mouth in rock. Ever. A sweet, tender song from a classic band. Quite simply the sweetest, most melodic way for a guy to tell a girl he just wants to get in her pants. Pure panty-remover for your stereo. Or guitar. Especially your guitar. Clapping. So cool in the 80s. No one wears a bandana like Axl. And I am a total sucker for the whistle. No joke. Love the crap outta that part. I'm pretty sure I made out a ton to this song. Good times. OK, so technically not the 80s... but Bon Jovi will always be an 80s icon and this is such a (corny) theatrical gem. Love his voice. Love his muscle shirt. Second best mouth in rock. Easily. Poetic, passionate and full of longing. "Baby, it's all I know that you're half of the flesh And blood that makes me whole" *swoon*

6 comments:

Bijoux said...

So, was 'Beth' your favorIte KISS song? Lol!

I loved the 'More than words' song back in the day. I'm a sucker for acoustic guitar.

I still crack up when Christian radio plays 'Kyrie' by MisterMister just because my husband saw them open for Berlin back in the 80s. Weird!

flutterby said...

Can't believe I didn't post a KISS song! My fave ballad would have to be "Forever"...

"I see my future when I look in your eyes
It took your love to make my heart come alive"

Man, those 80s rockers knew how to be romantic. Not much like that on the radio nowadays. :)

Craig said...

You 'love' the 80s (ie, present tense)? I don't know how to say this, but. . . the 80s ended more than 20 years ago. . .

;)

Anyway. . . Yeesh. . . I pretty much stopped paying attention when I got out of college at the end of '78. I mean, Wings didn't even make it into the 80s. . .

;)

Anonymous said...

Ya know, i can't even bring myself to press play on those .... the ICK! decade. 'Men' who shoulda been in skirts ..

flutterby said...

Craig -- I won't even let your present-tense/past-tense grumbling take away my 80s high. ;) And for the record, the 70s were pretty rad, too. Lots of good music to be found there!

Xavier -- It is pretty funny to look back at some of the looks that were considered "rockstar" in those days. Definitely not what I would consider "hot", now. But, you are really missing out if you don't at least listen. :D You can close your eyes, even. lol

Anonymous said...

Well, I'd like to say I'll give it a chance but seriously, the first go-round was enough for me ;) The flash backs of those men-in-tights? ew ....