7.05.2012

Storm Season.

The past two weeks have been prime tornado watch weather here in our part of Saskatchewan. I have a number of friends who are wonderful photogs as well as two who regular chase storms (as in, professionally. Not stupidly.) and my Facebook wall has been full of amazing photos of nature's tantrums/power lately.

I don't have much knowledge to share about weather. Or storms. Or even really what to do in a storm. While tornado's do happen in our province, it's not a regular occurence. There is no public warning system/siren system, etc... so this recent string of storm action has been novel. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

This is my city. Beautiful, no?



Woah.


Very ominous.



I would love to head out with this crew one time.


Eep!

Our province is known as The Land of the Living Skies.



Clouds after a massive hail onslaught. Very trippy. The sky was full of these streaming globules that looked like something from a Dr. Suess book.


All in all a very interesting start to the summer season.

4 comments:

Craig said...

Really, REALLY cool photos, Flutter. . .

There's a part of me that would really like to go out with a (properly professional) storm-chasing team, sometime. And then, there's the other part. . .

A lightning strike at a gas station?? Yeef! . . .

And I think the clouds in that last photo have some nasty hemorrhoids. . .

Bijoux said...

The tornado siren blasts every Saturday at noon here, to ensure it's properly working. A grim reminder of mother nature's wrath, if you ask me!

Cool photos, but I hope to never see any of it in person.

Anonymous said...

Incredible pics. I'm continually amazed at the views of these storms that can be had in some areas. here there are too many hills, you don't see the storm until you're pretty much in it.

anymous said...

That's so cool!!!

Check this out:
My blog
My blog