6.23.2012

Carpal Tunnel, much?

I just finished up two projects in the last couple days. My league is holding a contest to redesign our team and league logos. I had planned all along to slowly work on a couple entries over a week or so, but in typical Obsessive Flutterby fashion, nailed these down in one long stretch for each. Really only about 3 - 5 hours for each; but the vector rendering process is super detailed and requires huge fine-motor control. My poor mouse hand is about dead and I'm sure tomorrow will bring an awesome bout of Carpal Tunnel my way as my entire hand is numb and shaky at the moment.

But dang... I still love this kind of work. I might not be amazingly skilled at it, but I am happy with what I submitted and hope to maybe be awarded one of the logos. In a way, I'm feeling a little sentimental about it and kinda hoping that something I contributed to the league will live on after I'm not skating anymore. I played for both teams at one time or another and would be honored to have the girls skating with my CREATIVE GENIUS (*cough cough* *smirk*) on their jerseys. :) There are a ton of talented artists in the derby community and in our league, though, it's hard to say how many entries there will be and whether mine will even stand a chance. Regardless, it was nice to immerse myself in this kind of rendering work again.

This is the logo I designed for the Gravediggers, our B Level Team. I'm still not totally happy with it... might do some refining on it and change up the ring or something.


And this one is for our Sugar Skull All-Star Team.

7 comments:

Craig said...

Hmmmmm. . . that Gravedigger lady is, uh, (*cough*) nicely well-endowed. . .

Anonymous said...

Steady there Craig .... :)

Nice artwork, Queenie couldn'ta done better!

Craig said...

Well, yes. . .

Really fine artwork!

(*sorry*)

flutterby said...

Hahaha! Boys. *sheesh*

Xavier -- how did I not know Queenie was an artist? Does she work in graphic arts? Or of the "artiste" variety? So cool!

Craig -- Thanks for the vote of approval. That's what that was, right?? lol

Desmond Jones said...

Two of 'em, in fact. . .

(Dang it! There I go again!)

2F is quite a talented artiste; her stuff's got nothin' on you. . .

Craig said...

Whoops; wrong account. . .

Anonymous said...

Queenie is quite the artist though she has no formal training.

She's done oodles of all sorts of stuff from photo messing to video to graphics, mostly for church or party/wedding related stuffs.

Doesn't come out much 'cause for the most part I'm not s'pozed to chat much about her.