1.20.2012

Stranger and Strangerer.



What the crappity crap is that!?!? I totally heard something weird that afternoon, too. It didn't last long and I kinda just figured my ears were playing with my brain, or it was the super big drop in temperature that occurred that night... anyhow, didn't think any more about it until a couple of my friends popped up a status on Facebook about it, along with some of these links.

Oh my word. Toooo crazy.

Most people think it has something to do with the tectonic plates of the earth shifting and the hum resonates up through the earth's crust. I'm curious to see whether their predictions of an earthquake in the next few weeks is accurate. And of course, there is a lot of religious speculation. I don't know. While it is certainly an awe-inspiring event and notable that it has been heard at many locations around the world, I'm kinda skeptical (WHO??? MEEEE??!? lol)... mostly cause I kinda think that any sort of trumpet sound would be something that each individual person would hear. Not just pockets here and there. And while I'm digging my hole in the fundamental soil of Christian beliefs, I'll also just say that I would lean towards thinking that the timing is all wrong (cause yeah, I have an opinion about that) and that it will be the sound of a shofar and not some eerie War of the Worlds soundtrack. Just saying.

And... NAILED THAT LANDING on the "crazy" side of religious blog talk. A first for Flutterby. Mark it in your journals, people. *grin*

Anyhow, yeah... weird sounds. And very interesting to see people I know who have no belief system to speak of get all spooked and instantly start talking either Bible or Aliens. Much as everyone likes to rely on their intellect as the god of the age, when things get squicky, the fact that we are spiritual beings becomes evident pretty quick.

What do you think? Heard of this in your part of the country?

5 comments:

Craig said...

". . . when things get squicky, the fact that we are spiritual beings becomes evident pretty quick."

Yeah, no doubt about that. . .

I'll have to wait and check out the vid on my other 'puter, as the sound card on this one is broken. . .

Bijoux said...

Definitely strange, although I tend to think it's some sort of super sonic airplane or something and you can't see it because of the clouds. I don't think it's something from nature, like tectonic plate movement! Sounds more manmade to me, like machinery.

Craig said...

Nope, haven't heard of it here. It's not tectonic plates - they call those 'earthquakes'. Bijoux's 'aircraft hidden by clouds' seems as plausible as anything. Hard to tell, honestly - the sound quality doesn't seem to be the greatest. 'Eerie War of the Worlds soundtrack' could fit, too. . .

The 'tectonic plates' bit reminds me of what the ice can do on the Great Lakes. But that's more like crunching and grinding, with the occasional rusty door-hinge thrown in. . .

Anonymous said...

release the Kraken ....

flutterby said...

OK, so since this day, I've heard one more plausible explanation which has something to do with a large solar flare that happened and the resultant energy waves bouncing around in our atmosphere.

The article got much more technical and confusing -- Physics was never really a good subject for me. *sigh* But nevertheless, I am certain there is a good, more or less scientific reason for this.