1.07.2012

Seriously?

Is it normal for a family doctor to go on holidays for a whole month, leaving his office closed, with no forwarding care or contact for test results? Unbelievable.

Apparently, for my doctor, this is entirely normal and OK. Apparently it's only OCD headcases like myself who are eager to find out if whatever the heck is going on inside of them is a simple matter of OkelyDokelyAllBetter or a more serious matter of HolyCrapNotGood.

Three more weeks and then I can get my results/treatment and my doc can get a piece of my mind.

4 comments:

JodyJ said...

Hang tight sweety, maybe a visit with your sister in law would make you feel better??? :O)

Craig said...

Here's where I hold my tongue about the Canadian medical system, isn't it?

That seems just a little - OK, a LOT - bizarre. What keeps you from just going to another doc all on your own?

Bijoux said...

I would seriously be losing it right now. I hate the whole system of having to call in to get results that YOU'VE paid for anyway. Mail them to the patient, not the doctor's office!

flutterby said...

Jody -- girl, I am seriously considering it!! lol

Craig -- *sigh* I very likely will be searching out a new doc in the near future. This doc was really so very good in the past, it's just been in the last few years that his practice has gotten (in my opinion) overloaded, etc. It *is* really hard in the city to find good doctors who are accepting new patients, though, which has really deterred me from jumping ship to another office. But for the time being, all I can do is wait cause even if I found a new doc, there's no one even at the old office for the next month who could forward my files and results to them. Gah.

Bijoux -- I totally agree. I've often wondered why patient files are not kept by the patient. It kinda only makes sense. Let's reform healthcare together. I suggest meeting over sangria and cheesecake to get the ball rolling! It will help me keep sane while I wait. lol