12.18.2010

Me Likey. A lot.

Just a few things I'm loving the crap out of, lately.

Say MMM.

I'm just beginning to explore this website and enjoy all the features. It takes a little bit of work to get set up, but it is everything I ever DREAMED about finding in terms of menu/kitchen/grocery planning. I'm totally geeked about all the features -- I was literally bouncing in my seat as I watched the demo video. Literally, Every. Single. Thing. that I had ever wished for while sitting and planning menus and grocery lists, etc. was covered. Sweet!!! I'm sure I'll post more about this little gem in the future. Until then, go check it out!





Earth Therapeutics.


Specifically their Cracked Heel Repair product. The all-natural ingredient list caught my eye as I'm always looking for something to treat the Kid's dry skin. He gets painful bumpy rashes on his legs -- really, his whole body at times -- it's like super dry, itchy skin. He's been tested for allergies to no avail; so I just try and find the magic thing that will work. We had been using Burt's Bees hand salve with some success, but this little stick has brought him the most relief. It actually cleared up some of the worst patches within the week and feels nice once applied (Burt's Bees was pretty oily and sticky). The ingredients are completely pure and natural, mostly coconut oil and shea butter along with some other essential oils. It's a bit pricey (especially seeing as we're using it on his whole body, not just "heels" like it was designed for), so I'm going to try and make some of my own this week. I think I should be able to do it no problem... famous last words, maybe??


Air1

I've been loving this little online radio site. XM radio suddenly stopped their online services to clients unless you pay more (BOOOOOO!) and I was left without my online music fix. Thankfully I stumbled on Air 1 and now have something that tops my XM choices for good, positive music. (Cause XM's "The Message" was kinda a little "light" for my tastes, to be honest) Air 1 plays a lot of Christian music, but also some singles you would hear on Top 40 radio, so long as the message is positive and reflects good morals. The playlist does have all the mainstream pop-type Christian acts, but adds enough of the alternative/rock and hard rock genres to keep me tuned in. Go check it out! It's definitely a station I don't mind the kids listening to or having on when people come over.


Bissel Green Steam mop.


Found it. Love it. Wouldn't live without it. Love the easy-push trigger (not like the one I used at a friends' place which made me believe in "Carpal Tunnel") and the super-easy-to-use features. Love the streak-free clean and how easy it is to change cleaning pads. Oh, and did I mention Streak Free Clean? Cause yeah, there's that. I don't have hardwood, per se, but the flooring I do have looks like perfection when I'm done using this. Also, it does not need any cleaners, soaps or chemicals. The steam cleans and disinfects and I love that my floors don't have any icky chemical residue... especially now that we have a little doggy whose favorite past-time is scavenging for crumbs.



Super-Cute Egg Clock


This is clearly just pushing the limits of timepiece cuteness, here. Case in point: it wobbles. WOBBLES, people!! It also changes format -- and incidentally, LED colors -- with just a little pop on it's wobbly little top.

All that would be enough to grant it a spot on my Things I'm Loving The Crap Out Of At The Moment list. But it also has a super handy little feature. A timer. Which, on my cute little Egg is set to a 15 min increment. So, with just a perky tap, tap, tap on the top of this Cutey, I have a timer which helps me get SOOOO much done. Putting something off cause I think it's gonna take FOREVER to do it??? Hit the timer and vow only 15 mins on task before I take a break. Surprise. I'm usually done that "forever" job in 15, or at least on my way to getting it done. Need to motivate the kiddos to finish up something? Why, hello timer!! It's perfect. And it's cute. What more can I say?

3 comments:

Bijoux said...

Hey u- that's some cool stuff! My son got the egg timer last Xmas from my parents. It is very cute and doesn't take up much space in his laptop/work area.

I've had some success with a heel stick called 'Surgeon's Secret' but I struggle with remembering to use it on a daily basis.

I checked out the radio station and they look like they have some stations in my area. I will tune in. The Fish is too sappy musically for my tastes. Thanks for the recommendations!

Felicia said...

Earth Therapeutics - I got this on sale at Kohls for $6 during one of their sales. That's the cheapest that I have seen it. I have really cracked and dry heels so I thought I would try it. I love it! The cracks are seriously gone and I have used it almost daily for 2 months and I still have at least 1/3 left. I don't apply it to my whole foot, just the parts where needed. I put it on after getting out of the shower right before I put on my socks. You could put a ton on if you wanted, but a little goes a long way. I am going to stock up on this and give some to my sister too! It's great!

Shea Butter said...

I bought this after my Avon "Dry Patch Stick" ran out. Avon no longer makes their stick, so I needed to find a new brand. This one is smaller than the Avon one (both in diameter and length) and is also thicker. Like another reviewer pointed out, a little goes a long way. Yes, there are good lotions out there that could do the same thing, but I don't like getting greasy lotion on my hands before putting cosmetics on my face.

Pros:

-It works! I put it on after shower before socks every morning. I have no painful heel cracks.

-It lasts a long time. I've used it for about 3 months and still have 25-30% remaining.

-You can apply it without your hands getting greasy.


Cons: (Reasons I did not give it 5 stars)

-Unlike the Avon stick or deodorant sticks, you have to push this one up with your finger and hold it in place. (mildly inconvenient and annoying)

-Slightly expensive