12.31.2010

"Homer..."

So, I've managed to grab myself a piece of the winter-sickness action and have been thoroughly enjoying a nasty cold/flu for the past week and a half. I'm hanging on tight to the notion that viruses usually last 10 days -- for the love of all things holy, could someone please confirm that this is, indeed, the truth?!

I have been reduced to a very un-ladylike state, complete with coughing/hacking issues, more mucous than this body knows how to deal with (no, seriously... I've woken myself up being unable to breathe cause my airway is totally choked up) and all the sundry aches and pains that go along with feeling like a piece of turd. If all this and the red, chapped nose to go along with it wasn't enough indignity for one bout of illness; I also have been blessed with the voice of Marge Simpson to boot.

Clearly I am a mess; the likes of which has not been seen around these parts for awhile. And clearly, I am not above being teased by two smart-arse offspring about my cracking, raspy, cartoonish voice.

The only upside to all this is that I have discovered the Hot Toddy method of sickness management. :) Ten days, people. I'm trying to hang on.

4 comments:

Bijoux said...

I seem to have contracted the cold-from-hell around 12/23. I just started feeling better yesterday and my voice is getting back to normal. Hoping you are on the mend too. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I'll keep it brief for fear being in the same room'll infect me:

10 days sounds like a good breaking point. 10 days it is, you've convinced me. No doubt, you'll be fine come morning .... trust me!

If I'm wrong feel free to kiss me full on the lips until I'm infected ... if you can find me

Craig said...

It seems to me that somewhere between 10 days and two weeks is the typical life-cycle of a cold/flu for me. But I only really feel like crap (or, as you so colorfully put it, 'a piece of turd') for a day or two. . .

WordVer = 'undesty'; is that like keeping yer undies outta sight?

Therese in Heaven said...

Alcohol makes any pain more endurable. Hope you are feeling better.