10.23.2012

Man, I Feel Like a Woman...

-when you walk into the prep area at your local powdercoating shop and two workers drop their stuff to help you...

-when you get the manager to agree to an impossible turnaround time for a job...

-when said impossible turnaround time is agreed to with a smile and wink...

-when said manager remembers how to spell your first and last name from a job he did for you almost two years ago...

Yeah, that just happened.

I totally need to be working in the trades. Life is good for a girl, there.

4 comments:

Bijoux said...

Well, I have no idea what a powdercoating shop is, but.......

you know, when I take our cars to be serviced, I'm always surprised at how attentive they are in the front of the shop. I wouldn't go so far as to say they are flirtatious, but they definitely seem to be more attentive than retailers!

Anonymous said...

yeah, good for you. i don't never get that but i'm ok with that as there's only guys at the shops so, ya know, enjoy.

just be careful if they start offering extended services, ya know? or maybe you don't. leaving now

(after 4th try to get past security)

flutterby said...

Bijoux -- I think it has largely to do with the fact that they spend most their day around other stinky, dirty, messy guys. Having a girl around is a bit of a treat. lol

Xavier -- No extended services offered. And I'm sure that somewhere along the line you men get extra attention from the odd lady attendant at places, too. Waitresses are famous for that, even if it's a little bit put on for a good tip.

Craig said...

It's the hair. . . definitely the hair. . .

Did you bat your eyelashes, and flash 'em a bit of cleavage? Or just, you know, walk in the door smelling all nice an' stuff. . .

On the other hand. . . one of my 'tests' for a mechanic who wants to fix my car is, I send my wife to 'em when her car needs some work, and it's not much, and I know exactly what needs to be done. If they try to BS her into a bunch of extra stuff, they'll never see me again. . .