8.12.2012

I gots me some Netflix.

I've only waffled over the decision for over a year and a half, now.

That's me -- the poster child of indecision over largely irrelevant and unimportant life decisions.

And while waffling is a fun occupation -- and one I've honed to a fine stiletto point in my lifetime -- it was time to choose. Actually it was a rather easy decision. Free one-month trial and a one-time purchase of this pretty cool little AppleTV device. (Which, for real, is so cute and let's me link my itunes account and iPhone with my TV and some other cool stuff. It was also super easy. Also a plus where my caveman brain is concerned.)

I can't lie. After I got things set up, I was like a kid opening presents. SQUEEE.... purusing the large library. 300+ episodes of Spongebob? I got em. Oldies like Knight Rider and The Tick and Kids in the Hall? Yup. This girl. Movies I remember watching as a kid like Labyrinth and Annie? All there. Full multi-season libraries of cool TV shows that I never got to watch because my life is crazy and DVR is beyond my programming abilities? Oh yes, it's true.

And the cherry on top of this TV sundae is the huge selection of documentaries. Cause I am a total geek and mostly love that kind of thing. There is a long short-list I want to watch; but topping the list was "Being Elmo. A Puppeteer's Journey".

I love muppets.

Really, I do.

At one time, it was a huge, and rather secret, desire of mine to become a puppeteer. A MUPPET puppeteer. Rather whimsical, no?

So, this particular documentary was a special treat. Outside of watching the life story of Kevin Clash; I got to see glimpses of the Muppet world and puppeteering trade. Very neat. The Princess was supposed to be in bed, but upon hearing Elmo's squeaky joyful voice, she popped out in the family room and watched the whole doc with me.

I was curious as to her response. Some time ago she "created" this little characterization The Lemming. The voice is a little reminiscent of the character Treelo from the kids' TV show, "Bear in the Big Blue House"... but is all her own; complete with personality and tics and depth. I have on numerous occasions told her that she could become famous with that voice/character -- not even lying one bit. It is that good. That endearing. That funny and lovable.

And I think, watching Being Elmo... she started to believe it. :) Next week, we make a trip to the library to find out how to make a muppet. She wants to put a face to Lemming.

Myself? I could not be more thrilled. The Princess is a girl of many interests, but not many passions. I'm enjoying seeing her bite into something and happy to be around to facilitate it. And heck. I get to make a muppet.

Good times, people. Good times.

1 comment:

Craig said...

Oh, Lord have mercy. . .

I got rid of cable when they wouldn't let me subscribe to the 'basic-basic' network-channels-plus-TBS-and-WGN anymore, and forced me to buy ESPN and Discovery. 'Cuz, see, I love those channels, and if I had 'em, I'd just watch more TV than the Too Much I was already watching. . .

So, um. . . yeah, I'm happy for you, I really am. . .