10.01.2010

So Many Choices, So Little Time.

I have effectively ignored a two-sided TO-DO list for the whole evening. There are important and time-sensitive items on said list; things relating to my business and the kiddo's school and other stuff that I'm sure should occupy my mind more than what actually HAS been utilizing the greater volume of my brain cells.

Call it high-precision procrastination if you will, but my lil head has been sent spinning on a mission of higher calling. For this Saturday, in a mere 30 or so hours, I will be attending a party. A real, fun, grown-up party. Which, in addition to all the things which normally send girly-girls in a flap; like choosing an outfit, shoes, praying for a good hair night, makeup, etc, etc... also involves KARAOKE! Yes!!!! KARAOKE.

It's going to be wildly fun and raucous and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm also stressing about it. Because, "WHAT WILL I SING?" "WILL I REMEMBER THE WORDS??" "WILL THE SONG BE IN MY RANGE???" "WHY AM I SHOUTING QUESTIONS AT MYSELF AND USING EXCESSIVE PUNCTUATION????"

...whatever. You get the picture.

And so tonight finds me youtubing a growing list of Songs I Could Possibly Pull Off and wondering all the while if other people are as ridiculous as I am about this. I've got a short list, and my "Ambitious" song, which I might just try out if the Force is strong with me.

Paranoid -- Garbage
I Wanna be Sedated -- The Ramones
One Week -- BNL

**extra points if you guess which one is my Karaoke Force Song.**

Any suggestions? What are your favorite songs to sing along to?

4 comments:

Bijoux said...

I would go with Garbage; love that song. Also love the BNL song, but I think I'd be a stuttering fool trying to karaoke that one.

My husband and his friends did that Ramones song for their high school talent show. Too bad there were no VHS videos back then, as I'd love to have seen it.

Have fun at your party - miss you!

Craig said...

See, I don't know any of these songs. But I'm sure you'll do 'em proud. 'Cuz that's just how you roll, isn't it?

I love me some karaoke. My favorites (surprise!) are Beatles songs - usually 'I Saw Her Standing There', or 'Back in the USSR'. 'Cuz the rock-n-roll is a lot of fun, and not too challenging (except I can't do the falsetto 'WOOOOOs' quite like I could back in the day, anymore). Or, if Jen is in the room, 'Something'. And (this'll shock you, too) Jen and I have been known to do an occasional duet on 'Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da'. . .

But I've also been known to do some Creedence - especially 'Have You Ever Seen the Rain?' When I'm feeling bold, I might try 'The Unchained Melody', or '(I Can't Help) Falling In Love With You'; you gotta have good voice for those. One of these days, I'm gonna bust out 'Desperado', but I've gotta raise my comfort level a bit before I tackle that. . . ;)

JodyJ said...

Billionaire_ Glee did it the other night and it rocks!!!! Let your inner rocker out!

Val said...

Does it count that I sang "Roxanne" 12 yrs ago at my tech's bachelorette party - it was the only Police song on the roster!
Unfortunately I have too much hip-hop/rap stuck in my head these days, thanks to DS... Damn you to hell Eminem!