1.09.2010

You have not...

...because you ask not.

Or at least that's what I was thinking when I put my fingers to the keyboard to write a most audacious email.

I chose my words carefully as I wrote a man I highly esteem. His over 30 years of experience, mechanical knowledge and innovative style have won him much accolade in the skate world. He is one of the most-sought after custom skate builders in North America.

I pressed SEND and I waited. And I could not believe my eyes when I received my response.

He has agreed to mentor me and this spring I will be crossing two provinces and seven states; about 2000 miles, to work with him. Something which I think will be the highlight of my year -- and, yes, I know the year is young, but some things just glitter with promise -- and set me on a course I am very, very excited about.

So, here's to asking. And receiving.

5 comments:

Sombra said...

cool!

Sombra said...

now you're boldly going SOMEWHERE

Craig said...

An audacious deed, indeed. . .

Hoping for you that it takes you to a good place for you. . .

The Warrior said...

Hello there,

I would like to invite you to the current discussion on my blog, if you're interested! I'd like a wide array of opinions.

Thanks!

Spencer

Bijoux said...

You are a brave, brave Flutter!